Bec

MOC10-day11-Where_I_live

MOC10-day11-Where_I_live
Bec, Jan 13, 2022
Description:
Created with Journey '12 from the Art Journal Caravan™ Workshop Expedition 2012 {Self-Study} by Tangie Baxter, Down Under by Kristin Aagard; Among the Gumtrees Kit by Lynn Grieveson, That's Life: The Everyday Elements by Bella Gypsy, Trust The Journey: Stay Patient Bundle by Rachel Jefferies
My 5 location elements: Compass, binoculars, geotag, arrow and a you are here tag.
Journaling reads:
Kellyville Ridge is thought to be the area where the Battle of Vinegar Hill took place in 1798. We live on Vinegar Hil Road near the Lawn Cemetery where a memorial to the battle was placed in 1988. Kellyville Ridge became a separate suburb in 2002 and takes its name from the ridge that runs through it. On the 21st of June, 1972, the ridge was blanketed by a freak snow fall – a very rare event in Sydney. At the top of our street is Merriville Homestead which was built in c1853 as Maryville. The land was originally granted to Jonas Bradley and used for orcharding and grazing, and later a dairy. It was gradually subdivided through the 1950's, including the Castlebrook Lawn Cemetery, and smaller 5 acre lots including the Ettamogah pub, eventually leaving a property of 40 acres around the house. Merriville was classified by the National Trust of Australia and a permanent conservation order was placed on it by the Heritage Council of NSW in 1982. Landcom purchased Merriville in the late 1980s and subdivided the rest of the land for housing, including ours. Kellyville Ridge is one of the fastest growing suburbs in Sydney. It's a great family area with shops, schools, public transport, parks and Ironbark Lake with our famous black swan family nearby. We also have a lot of wildlife including native birds, kangaroos, foxes, hares, possums and lots and lots of snakes. Before the settlement of New South Wales by Europeans,this district was inhabited by the 'Darug' Aboriginal people.
    • plumdumpling
      Love this! I love the map piece and the plastic cover and all the photos.
    • jk703
      I loved reading a little about the history of your area! It’s inspiring, to know as much! Makes me want to learn more! Beautiful and great pictures! Well done, Bec!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 10
    Uploaded By:
    Bec
    Date:
    Jan 13, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    247.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).