MOC10 - Day 1 - Blind Scrap
1. Stroked photo
2. Masked/blended photo
4. Snowflakes (2)
5. White flower
8. Foliage (3)
9. Button
10. Background paper

White Christmas by NBK | Beautiful Dreamer by Forever Joy (button) | Autumn Trails by Pink Reptile Designs & Studio Basic (recolored flower)
Paper texture mask by Anna Aspnes
Fonts: Andrea Bilirosa | Abadi MT Condensed Light

Thanks for looking!!
katell, JenEm, Karen and 1 other person like this.
    • flowersgal
      This is lovely Sheri. Great blended photo and fun inset smaller photo of you enjoying the season.
    • Sokee
      Love your layout and that blending!
    • melidy
      This is gorgeous. That mask is perfect <3
    • StefanieS
      Wow, simply fabulous.
    • lmuscarella22
      That blended photo is so pretty!!
    • Pachimac
      @SeattleSheri This is breathtaking!!!

On another note, if I'm not asking for trade secrets, is there a tutorial or something you could send me to that would help me do what you do to the buildings? I have played in PS and just can NOT figure out what you do to colorize/blend/cartoonize (for want of a better word) a photo!!!
    • SeattleSheri
      @flowersgal @Sokee @melidy @Eyeore @lmuscarella22 Thank you for the sweet comments!!! :heartlub:heartlub

@Pachimac Thank you! :heartlub:heartlub For this layout, I changed the blend mode on the photo to color burn and used a very large soft brush (400-1,000px, depending on the area of the photo) to erase around the edges to blend it into the paper. In a few areas, I also reduced the opacity of the brush to make it a more gradual transition. I then duplicated the layer and changed the layer mode of the bottom version to vivid light and reduced the overall opacity to 10% to give it a bit more oomph!
      Pachimac likes this.
    • Pachimac
      @SeattleSheri

I will try that out! I have wanted to get that effect for some of my Italy photos and I just never could get it! I'll tag. you if I accomplish it! LOLOL Thank you!
    • Roxana
      That photo treatment is absolutely amazing. I will have to try it myself. Very beautiful page.
    • SeattleSheri
      @Roxana Thank you so much!
      @Pachimac You may need to play around with the blend modes and opacity (and in some cases the layer order) depending on your specific photos and what your background paper is. I commonly also use the following modes: darken, multiply, overlay and screen
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 10
    Uploaded By:
    SeattleSheri
    Date:
    Jan 1, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    461.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).