Anny-Libelle

Moc10-11 Where I live

Moc10-11 Where I live
Anny-Libelle, Jan 13, 2022
Description:
Paper: Stay wild (artsy papers) by Little Butterfly Wings
all Elements: Butterfly Basics - Travel edition by LBW
compass: Storyteller June 2016 by Just Jaimee

English is not my native language. So I wrote my journaling in german language. For translation I used Google Translate to help. I apologize for mistakes:

The path of discovery

My hometown Hainichen is in Saxony in the middle of Germany. We have a discovery trail that leads locals and guests through our small town and shows all of our sights.

The start and finish is at our train station (1) and you first walk to the Trinity Church (2), which was built around 1899. At (3) is our school complex, consisting of a primary school and high school, which has been redesigned in recent years and offers the children a modern educational facility.

From here it is not far to the town hall (4) which is located on the market square. This is where the Hotel Goldener Löwe stood, which today serves as a retirement home. A magnificent neo-rococo hall (5) has been preserved here, which was reconstructed and reopened in 2019.

On the market square is also the Gellert Monument (6), a life-size statue of the fable writer and famous son of our city, Christian Fürchtegott Gellert. Our city also bears the nickname “Gellertstadt”.

If you continue to follow the path, you will come to the cellar fountain (7) and then to the cloth makers' house (8), built in 1783 as a master's house for cloth makers in the baroque half-timbered style.

Via the Neumarkt (9) you reach point (10) the house with the workshop of the wood sculptor Johann Gottfried Stecher (1718-1776) A landmark of our city is the Camera Obscura (11). This technical rarity is practically the predecessor of today's SLR camera, of which there are only three in Germany.

Past the old cemetery (12) you reach the Werner mausoleum (13). Now we are already in our beautiful city park, where the Gellert Museum (14) is located and the beautiful flower clock (15), which is beautifully planted every year. Next to it is a large open-air stage (16), which is used for events. The beautiful half-timbered house in Georgstr. is the birthplace of the father of Bernhard Moritz Grundig (1872-1926), a famous painter and graphic artist. Before we get back to the starting point, we pass the Technikum, an imposing building that was used as an educational facility for many years.
zotova, lulyg14 and FarrahJobling like this.
    • zotova
      How exciting! I was reading about your city and I felt like I was walking the trail of discovery, enjoying the beautiful scenery and exploring the sights. You have made a very beautiful and clear page. I love how you have put together a real tourist guide. Everything is just super!
    • jk703
      This is amazing! The path and your journaling are wonderful! I’m so glad I went in this tour! The location items are so clever, especially that path! Well done! Thanks for joining in and sharing!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 10
    Uploaded By:
    Anny-Libelle
    Date:
    Jan 13, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    196.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).