triplejdesigns

MOC January 26 - Tradition_Heritage

MOC January 26 - Tradition_Heritage
triplejdesigns, Jan 28, 2018
Description:
Blush - Amber LaBau
Font - Dancing Script Regular

When my grandparents met, Grandma Olive Ethel Brooks was only fifteen and Grandpa Wilson Woodrow Drowns was twenty. Despite their ages, they knew right away that they wanted to get married, but because of grandmas age they would require permission from her parents. Olive’s mother, my Great-grandma Ethel Brooks, wrote out a letter allowing them to marry and they tied the knot on June 13, 1936 at the courthouse in Doniphan, Missouri. They went on to have twelve children and remained married until grandpa died in 1967 just ten days before their thirty-first wedding anniversary. Grandma Olive never remarried and rejoined grandpa in 2002.
I never had the pleasure of meeting my grandparents, but I know the love they shared was strong and was a story meant to live on through their children and grandchildren. The stories, photos and prices documents
will be cherished and passed on for many more generations to come.
    • jenn mccabe
      lovely story - i'm sure this will be treasured for generations! wow. well done!
    • Iowan
      I love your journalling. Fantastic page! Very pretty cluster around the lovely photo. Thanks for taking the heritage challenge!!
    • rchansen
      What a sweet love story. And a beautiful photo.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    triplejdesigns
    Date:
    Jan 28, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    224.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).