silent ranks, Jan 28, 2018
Description:
Kim Jensen - Phrames
Amy Wolff - Life is an Adventure
Pink Reptile Designs - It's not just Black & White
Alison Pennington - I am Who I am
Lynn Grieveson - Among the Gumtrees
Dawn Inskip - Core Essentials, Kind

**Once upon a time Henry Jackson Mottram of London stole a horse and away he galloped but not quite far enough. He was caught and became a guest of His Majesty until the English decided he would be a great candidate for their white toehold in The Great Southern Land. He was sentenced to life and set sail to Van Diemen's Land on the Emperor Alexander on the 6th of April 1833. Henry arrived in Australlia on the 12th of April 1833. Seven years later Sussex migrants Benjamin & Sarah Wooden set sail on the SS James Paterson for a new life in New South Wales. They settled in Sydney to begin with, working on a property for 20 pounds a year and rations. After some time they relocated to the Shoalhaven to make their own way. The Wooden's had a number of children, specifically a daughter named Phyllis Delpha (Philadelphia). Henry Jackson had a son in Tasmania whilst serving his term. Henry James Mottram was technically illegitimate as Henry Jackson had left a wife & family behind when he was sentenced to a life of servitude in Australia. Henry James Mottram moved to the Shoalhaven and married Philadelphia in 1868 thus beginning a long dynasty in the area. Today, 185 years after Henry Jackson arrived in Van Diemen's Land and 178 after the Wooden's arrived in Botany Bay there are still many descendants living in the Shoalhaven. Peter and his brothers were all born at the Shoalhaven Hospital making them the 5th generation to be born in the area and 6th generation in Australia. Two of the five boys and their father are buried in the Nowra cemetery and Matthew still lives in the area to this day. 28.01.18**
    • willimena
      This is an eye-catching heritage layout. Love the way you've told the story with a bit of humour and the dynamic page design. Like those eucalyptus leaves also, that kit has been on my wishlist for a while now!
    • Iowan
      Great memory keeping here and the beginning of the story is so funny. I enjoyed reading your journaling and I like that big title and the photos are perfect. Thanks for taking the heritage challenge!!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    silent ranks
    Date:
    Jan 28, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    119.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    650px
    Height:
    650px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).