AZK, Jan 26, 2022
Description:
Supplies:
Yes by the Lilypad Designers
Bloom and Grow by The Lilypad Designers
Template: Artsy Journal Template 18 by Scrappiong With Liz
Font: Stellar

Journaling reads: (474 words)
We got Asia early in 2017. John had been wanting a dog for a while, having had fond memories of having dogs as a kid. He specifically wanted a shepherd/lab mix, since his family’s last dog was that breed and she was a good dog. I had serious misgivings, knowing how much responsibility went into caring for a pet, but John needed something, and I hoped that having a dog would be the thing. He found Asia on the Petfinder website and we went to the rescue to meet her. She was about 10 months old, had not had a good start in life, and was very active. We got approved for the adoption and brought her home in January. I had John take her to obedience classes at a good program. They finished the first course, but didn’t do well enough to continue to the next level. Asia and John both were unable to maintain focus, and John didn’t do any follow up at home. I had little patience for training with her after being at work all day, so I wasn’t much help either. One of Asia’s greatest joys was to go for walks, so I took her out as much as I could; she could go for hours, sniffing the ground all the way. However, she never learned to come properly and couldn’t be trusted off leash, even in the yard. If she was loose, she would happily run around, dodging away from anyone trying to catch her until she was ready to come on her own. When I moved out in October 2017, Asia stayed with John. His new roommate took over taking her for walks and getting her some exercise. When John moved up north this past summer, his property wasn’t fenced, so when she was outside he kept her in her harness and on a tie-out lead in the front yard. She managed to get out of her harness once and was gone for a while, but he said she came back after about 45 minutes, covered in mud and happy as could be. Unfortunately, the last time she got away, in September of 2021, she ran into the road and was hit by the school bus not far from the house. She was mercifully gone instantly. In hindsight, I think we had no business adopting her; I didn’t have the time or inclination and John just didn’t have the proper frame of mind to be the best pet parents to a dog that needed the special attention that she did. On the other hand, I believe that she mostly had a good life; she was always happy with us and was certainly cared for. I hope that she is looking back at us from the other side of the Rainbow Bridge with love. I do miss her.
    • bestcee
      Asia is pretty cute! I'm sorry for you loss, it's hard to miss a pet. I like the way you used the almost sand paper to journal on.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 10
    Uploaded By:
    AZK
    Date:
    Jan 26, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    247.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).