Mama Shades

MOC Day 26: Remembrance or Tribute

MOC Day 26: Remembrance or Tribute
Mama Shades, Jan 31, 2022
Description:
Me and You by Sahlin Studio

Journaling reads (319 words):
What is there to say about my husband? He is a giant pain in the ass - he’s opinionated, has OCD tendencies, and notices EVERY single new thing I buy no matter how sneakily I bring it into the house. But it’s so easy to overlook his flaws because of what an incredible partner he is. After making wedding vows to me 12 years ago, he has upheld every single one of them to this day - including the unspoken one about loving my post-three-kids body better than I love it myself. My husband understands that because I also have a full-time job, his role in the house is just as crucial to the successful running of our family. He always helps out without being asked whether it be running the vacuum cleaner or doing the kids’ laundry or grocery shopping. He will come home after a 12-hour shift at work and give the kids baths and put them to bed because he knows I have lesson planning and grading to do. He is the man who puts my shoes away three times a day (mostly without complaining) because I’ve just kicked them off wherever I was standing at that moment. The man who believes that the greatest gift is re-insulating the house because that means that we will all be just a little bit warmer. And above all else, he always (always!) puts me first and makes sure that I know exactly how loved I am and how much I mean to our family. I think the following lyrics sum it best: You say I am loved when I can't feel a thing | You say I am strong when I think I am weak | And you say I am held when I am falling short | When I don't belong, you say I am yours | and I believe. Thank you for being our greatest champion.
esahin likes this.
    • bestcee
      This is a beautiful tribute to your husband! I'm glad that he is so supportive and you both work hard together to keep the house running!
      Mama Shades and cfile like this.
    • cfile
      Sarah, this is so beautiful! I love the composition of your page and your beautiful journaling. I am so happy for you that you have a husband who completes you and is your partner in life. The elements and papers here are perfectly placed. I love that little pocket that you have placed your wedding photo in.. so Beautiful!

Thank you for sharing and playing along with MOC day 26 Rememberance/Tribute challenge.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 10
    Uploaded By:
    Mama Shades
    Date:
    Jan 31, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    193.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).