Artsy Journal Templates 30 by Scrapping with Liz
SchoolScape by Little Butterfly Wings and Studio Basic
Green backpack from Campscape by Little Butterfly Wings and Studio Basic
Locker (recolored) from Hall Pass Elements by Kristin Aagard
2 Cool 4 School by Forever Joy
Torn Paper Template by Lynn Grieveson
Scribble arrows from One thing at a time (bundle) by Little Butterfly Wings
Scribble from Drank& Hangry by Etc Collab

journaling: It is the weirdest thing that none of the kids in the high school actually use their lockers. They keep ALL of their books and folders in their backpacks and just lug a 40+ pound bag around all day long. Cody told me that it was because they didn’t have enough time to stop at their locker between classes, so they have to keep all of their books with them. Then when Wyatt started high school in the middle of covid, he never learned how to open his locker so he literally can’t use his locker. I don’t even know if he remembers where his locker is! Both of their bags are so incredibly heavy too. Then add to that a sport and there are months at a time where they are bringing two backpacks to school each day. On the walk to and from school they wear one backpack on the front and one on their back. Cody can open his locker, so quite often during swim season Wyatt just puts his extra swim bag in Cody’s locker and they collect them at the end of the day. But during tennis season Wyatt would have to get to school early so he could take his tennis bag to the athletic office and leave it there during the day. It’s such a bonkers system to me. And it hurts their poor backs too!
    • AJK
      This is sooo cute! And you are right- those bags are not good for them. Chiropractor came to school when I was teaching, to demonstrate the proper way( better of two evils) to carry them- high on the back or centered in front. As a stident I never carried one of those, I can't imagine...
      Karen likes this.
    • keepscrappin
      My kids are the same way! In fact, our high school doesn't even give out lockers. You have to request and pay for a locker if you want one. All the kids just lug around their backpacks and/or keep their stuff in their cars... crazy!

Love the cluster of school elements along the torn edge.
      Karen likes this.
    • Karen
      @keepscrappin Oh my! So weird this new trend. When I was in high school those 5 minutes by your locker were when you snuck in some socializing! :giggle I'm sure they still find ways to socialize, it's just so different!
    • HeatherB
      My kids are the same way. This is so weird. I don't get why they don't use their lockers. This morning, Sam had 2 bags - his backpack with all the school stuff and his gym bag with all his basketball stuff. Crazy. Love the journaling. I need to do more pages like this about everyday life!
      Karen likes this.
    • Karen
      @HeatherB Yep! My boys both just finished swim season and had to carry around two backpacks. So weird! :giggle
      HeatherB likes this.
    • AnEnglishLady
      Grrr! Bonkers! I hope it helped to put this on a page and post. I love the way you have swapped out photos spaces for these illustrated rucksack and accessories, and also included a locker with lock.
      #MOC11-22 #everydaymoments #template
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pollywog Team Layouts
    Uploaded By:
    Karen
    Date:
    Jan 26, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    261.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).