ellasspace

MOC Day 20 Journaling (The For Sale sign)

MOC Day 20 Journaling (The For Sale sign)
ellasspace, Jan 20, 2019
Description:
Created for day 20 Story Telling Inanimate object
My journaling reads:
The For Sale sign
I could be telling the story of great grandpas lantern or grandma and grandpas hand me down refinished bed. I however am telling the story of the object that made the most compelling change in my life, a For Sale sign. When Doug and I got married I moved into his home and sold mine. His job was here, I had retired from my job to be with our children, his young daughter and mine. His home was large and beautiful, he had designed and built it himself and it held a lot of meaning with him. The one big however in this story is it was him and his first wife’s home. The home they had built together. I thought I could get past that but as the years went by it was obvious I was surrounded by their memories and desperately wanted our memories. Doug knew I felt this way but knowing he loved the house I would not ask him to move. The day he came to me and said let’s sell the house and go find OUR home was like a dream come true.The day the sign hit the front yard was one of the best days of my life. Who knew a for sale sign could hold so much meaning. We are now living in our home and our relationship has become even better. There really is nothing like knowing the memories in this home are ours, only ours.
(about 245 words give or take)

created using: Moving Day and So Selfie by Kristin Aagard
notebook page from if things were different by Studio Basic
Thank you for looking!
tammybean004 and KarenB like this.