jesskab

MOC Day 2-Faves List

MOC Day 2-Faves List
    • bellbird
      i don't know why but what strikes me most is the dollar store pencils thing - i'm all about pens, i can never have enough, do you really use pencils heaps? are they your thing or for the kids? mine take my pens now, when DS got a pen license a few years back he was cheering and well, i wasn't, it was the beginning of the end for my pen stash as i knew it
      jesskab likes this.
    • jesskab
      @bellbird I only use pens for signing legal paperwork & such. I talk to 70-100 patients a day & all notes are in pencil. I like the dollar store pencils because they have such fun designs. *Bonus, no one at work steals my pencils.
    • bellbird
    • bestcee
    • bestcee
      Jess, I love how happy this is! The elements combined with the photos are awesome! I love the arrow at the top too! It's a fantastic little touch.
      jesskab and bellbird like this.
    • bellbird
      @bestcee it's like the biggest deal in year 3 or 4 to try and have neat enough handwriting in pencil that the teacher grants you permission (and some teachers give an actual piece of paper certificate award thing) to use pen instead of pencil when doing school work - and i know it's a big deal b/c i've heard the kids from families we know sit on santa's lap and when he asks have you been good this year, what kinda stuff happened this year, that pen license thing is worth mentioning (and then they all tried to one-up each other by saying how early in the year they got it) - probably not a homeschool thing??
      bestcee likes this.
    • bestcee
      @bellbird Um, not even a regular school thing? At least not any schools I went to in Canada or the US. And none of my friends kids have done this? We wrote in mostly pencil all the way through grade 8 - 9. There were a few things we would write in pen, like final assignments, but I also was the generation that was required to start typing up papers for the final turn in - no handwriting them allowed.
      My friends kids' are still required to have pencils for work, and they go up to grade 7. The high schoolers are mostly typed, and can use pen if they want to.
    • bellbird
      thru the start of your teens you were still writing notes in pencil?! seriously?! well the little things you learn from your international scrapping friends... it'll probably fade out here soon, DS started doing BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) in year 3 for a few set days a week but they still did the (stupid) handwriting book (or photocopied pages of) - it was my nemesis in school and i was aghast when DD started that it was the same stupid standardised writing book etc but i don't think anyone writes in pencil after the start of year 5 here unless they can't find a pen!
      bestcee likes this.
    • bellbird
      (d'oh sorry jess - @bestcee see above)
      jesskab likes this.
    • cfile
      Beautiful favorites list Jess! I love the graph paper background... for whatever reason I have always been obsessed since I was a kid, with graph paper!!! I love the red squared numbers those really stand out to indicate your list items. I love the photos of your boys.. beautiful and they are growing so quickly! I loved reading your list Jess and how you used photos and elements to accent them! Thank you for sharing and playing along with my challenge!
      jesskab likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 8
    Uploaded By:
    jesskab
    Date:
    Jan 6, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    486.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).