JaneAgain, Jan 22, 2017
Description:
New Start elements, Honey I'm Home journal cards by Lynn Grieveson Designs
Mystery Case: Polka Dotties by Tangie Baxter
Template: A Tiny Bit of Scraps by Heather Joyce
Font: 1942 Report
KarenB and MrsPeel like this.
    • MrsPeel
      LOVE this!!!!!!! I will need to come back with time to read the journaling , I have neurological problems that mean my reading is slow and I often need to go back to read the past couple of sentences, plus my old woman's sight, plus the pattern of the paper... but I could read the first couple of lines, I am bookmarking to come back to read :) love your super clean composition, every dot of the scatter is perfectly placed, your shadows are AWESOME!!! gorgeous page!!!!!
    • JaneAgain
      @MrsPeel *beam* thank you! Here's the text - it's probably easier to read here.

I didn't intend for this to be an exploration trip - I was just supposed to rest - but it was, in more ways than one. Physically I was able to live in both a different country and a different culture for long enough to really get immersed in it. I was able to visit quite a few of the neighbouring states: from day trips into Mississippi, Arkansas and Kentucky, to a week-long holiday to the tip of Key West that let me sample BBQ in southern Georgia and Charleston, SC and beignets on the water in Savannah. These were wonderful experiences that I will always treasure, but more important than exploring the South was the exploration into myself that I was able to do. I can't say that being away from my kids for almost a full year in total was good thing, but it was a necessary thing and certainly many good things came out of it. I was able to really take time to look at my life and my self, to analyze and process the whole illness, my relationships, my choices....and I was able to do that almsot in a vacuum, without the influences and interruptions of everyday life. Coming out of a long period of serious illness, I felt completely lost. I felt like I didn't even know who I was anymore. I had lost everything I felt made me me and had gained nothing to replace it. This trip allowed me the space I needed to figure out where to go next. I will forever be grateful to Joe and Sean for giving me that opportunity, and to the kids for managing without me and waiting patiently for me to come back. I didn't come back as rested as I wanted to, but I did come back with a plan for moving forward. I came back, at 42 years old, with the answers to "life, the universe and everything." Now, a year after I left the second time, I feel I am well on my way. I have a plan. I have a new home in a new city. I am making new friends, deciding which of my hobbies to keep up with and which to let go. I am having new experiences, and making good choices for myself. I have a plan for what to do when the kids don't need me so much anymore, but for now I am very happily momming as hard as I can. I am reveling in my new beginning, and can't wait to see where life takes me next.
      MrsPeel likes this.
    • MrsPeel
      ohhh I knew this was going to be worth reading!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for transcribing.... I'm not sure about what your illness was, but I had a similar thing hgappening, my health took a huge turn which took away almost all the abilities I had, the "being me" as I was (funnily enough, for me started when I was 41) so I kind of understand every word ...and what an amazing opportunity you had to be away, and OH my!!!! my daughter & I are both travel addicts and our second dream trip is to do most of the USA, some places of the south specifically as we have some amazing friends, many are scrappers...so your trip to me is a dream trip!!! UI know how one can find one self again, even though in my case I keep "acquiring" new conditions that frustrate me and annoy me, they also helped to get to know the new me...reading your words makes me happy, happy that you are in a postive place and with energy to push ahead..... I hope you will stay scrapping, I know you aren't her3e too often but when you are, I love seeing your pages that have so much beauty that goes beyond the visual side... like this one. <3
    • LynnG
      That is such a great take on the challenge, and I love your reflective and thoughtful journaling.
    • lcpereyra
      I love your beautiful words - your journaling is so nice. I also love the typed text you scattered around the photo - that is a great design element. Thanks for participating in the the challenge!
    • StefanieS
      Wow, thanks so much for sharing and taking part in our challenge this month. All of the best with your new adventure.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 5
    Uploaded By:
    JaneAgain
    Date:
    Jan 22, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    195.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).