MOC Day 10.Drop Caps.Faith

MOC Day 10.Drop Caps.Faith
Joan K, Jan 11, 2017
Description:
Kit - Forever Joy - Believe
Font - Journaling - KG When Ocenas Rise
Drop Caps - Bickham Script Pro
    • jenn mccabe
      Oh my goodness Joan, this is just so beautiful. I'm so very sorry for your loss. But hope it was therapeutic to see others who have gone through this pain to put words to paper and maybe it has helped you bit. The way you did the big Faith title is beyond gorgeous and the journaling is beautiful and elegant in that script font. hugs and :beat to you.
      Joan K likes this.
    • bjc
      oh @joank i wish I could read the journaling but i know it is about losing a child or grandchild. I too have had a grandson born still. I have posted some therapeutic layouts and am about to make another as jan 25 is the anniversary of our Oliver being born still. Pm me if you ever want to talk and want support. thanks for sharing your story and the photo
    • ForeverJoy
      oh- God Bless- :beat What an amazing page- I am sending you prayers
    • elk2009
      Joan...I am so glad you were finally able to scrap this page...it's beautiful!!! My old eyes struggle with tiny print...but I know what you were trying to say...so happy for you!
      Joan K likes this.
    • Joan K
      @elk2009 Thank you Kathy. You know all too well how difficult this is. I am happy that I made this layout despite the tears that came back with the process. I realized after I posted that the journaling was too muted - here is the text:
      Faith. The first definition of faith in the Merriam-Webster dictionary is “belief and trust in and loyalty to God.” As a Christian, that certainly makes sense and holds true, but I also have a more personal meaning to attach to the word Faith. Faith is not just a word, but a name. It is the name given to my first granddaughter nearly 10 years ago. Just days before her birth, my son and his wife learned that their first baby would not survive more than an hour after birth if she was born alive at all. They were about 26 weeks into a pregnancy that was not planned, but joyfully embraced less than a year after their marriage. To them, the name Faith represented the belief and trust that God would help them through this crisis and eventually have the family they hoped for.

Doctors could not assure them that the congenital medical concerns that affected Faith would not resurface in future pregnancies, but they were determined to take the “leap of faith,” and try again to have a baby. Their faith was rewarded when fourteen months after Faith made her brief appearance in this world, they welcomed a healthy son into their arms. Over the next six years, two more healthy children were added as well. None of us will ever forget Faith, and her legacy has been shared with their children who join each year in the Walk to Remember. They often think of and talk about Faith when they see butterflies. I do too. In her memory, I often add a little butterfly to scrapping layouts that feature their family or my grandchildren.

I feel so much compassion for others who have lost children and grandchildren. I also lost a very early pregnancy to miscarriage many years ago. I did not and really still do not talk much about it, but the experience with Faith certainly made me appreciate my life and family even more. A little faith when times are tough is so important to all of us. On this layout, note that there are not just one, but two butterflies. One for Faith, and one for faith.
    • Joan K
      @bjc I have added the journaling, since I know it is hard to read directly.
      elk2009 likes this.
    • elk2009
      @Joan K Thank you Joan for writing the journaling so I could read it...I know how hard this is! I also want to thank you for sharing Faith with us...its difficult to share sometimes, but we are a wonderful supportive community. Those shed tears I understand...that pain...but necessary. I didn't know Faith's story...how awful to know ahead of time. They were truly blessed to be able to have healthy children after Faith. Finally, I love the meaning of your 2 butterflies...HUGS
      Joan K likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 5
    Uploaded By:
    Joan K
    Date:
    Jan 11, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    146.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).