jenmaddocks

MOC#9 Day 31 Scrap From the Heart :: Baxter

MOC#9 Day 31 Scrap From the Heart :: Baxter
jenmaddocks, Jan 31, 2021
Description:
MOC#9
Scrap from your Heart
“Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.” — Dr. Seuss
M3 September 2019 Add On Little Butterfly Wings
Sing To Me Lynn Grieveson
Bricolage Monthly January 2020 {Papers} Jen Maddocks Designs
Baxter 2004-2019
We had to put or beloved Baxter down in November of 2019. I didn't realize how much his death has effected me even now. Sometimes I still expect him to come thru the doggie door. When the wind blows it open I think it's him visiting us. He loved chasing butterflies. When I see a butterfly I know it's him giving us a reminder he's still with us in spirit. In December 2019 I was trying to work thru my feelings about his passing and created a piece of art dealing with it. I wouldn't actually call it art. I would call it a mess. I wanted to throw it away. I didn't. Some time passed. I took it and scanned it into my scanner and pulled it up on my computer. I ended up creating a piece of paper for one of my collections that I absolutely love. That paper is clipped in behind his photo on my layout. I feel good being able to honor his memory thru art. From a mess of feelings that I wanted to bury into something beautiful to honor him. This photo of him is when he was young and my girls were young and they would dress him up in their dress up clothes. Glad he's wearing this crown and I will remember him in the prime of his life.
Skivvy likes this.
    • bestcee
      I love the crown! I'm sorry for your loss. Pets leave a hole in our hearts. This is a beautiful memory page!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    jenmaddocks
    Date:
    Jan 31, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    121.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).