crazycat1126, Jan 25, 2021
Description:
https://the-lilypad.com/store/New-Day-Elements.html
https://the-lilypad.com/store/New-Day-Papers.html
https://the-lilypad.com/store/June-2019-Layout-Templates.html
String Styles by Shelia Reid at Pixel Scrapper

541 words

Donte ----- ---- Jr.

Born August 31, 2014 at 7:04 in the evening.

6 pounds, 15 ounces, 18.5 inches

When did your labor start, how long did it last?

My first contraction was Friday, August 29 just before midnight and Donte was born around 7p.m. on Sunday, August 31. I was in labor for over 40 hours and pushed for 2 1/2 hours. Donte was posterior and I had extremely intense back labor. I spent most of my labor either on my birth ball with my back to the hot shower or lying on the bed with my husband or doula pushing on my back as hard as they could. I only dilated a centimeter or two after laboring for about a day, so my doctor encouraged me to get a little Pitocin and have an Epidural in order to avoid a c-section. My hospital experience was very positive. No one pressured me to use drugs, like I thought might happen. I felt the decision to use drugs was my own. The nursing staff was incredibly emotionally supportive and kind to me as well.

What did you do to prepare for your labor and birth? Did it help?

I attended a Hypnobirthing class with my boyfriend, met with my doula numerous times, went to prenatal yoga every week of my second and third trimesters, took daily walks, spent time talking with my Donte Sr. and my friends, and I read everything I could get my hands on. I think I benefitted most from talking with friends who had experienced labor.

What did you like about your birth experience, if anything?

I liked listening to my Hypnobirthing relaxation CD, I liked the lavender oil my doula used to relax me, I loved the shower and I liked using my birthing ball. Most of all, I liked having my boyfriend there with me, supporting me the entire time. I loved the moments leading to pushing spent with him, especially when he let me know he was afraid too, but that something beautiful was about to happen.

What did you not like about your birth experience, if anything?

The extreme back pain, the way I allowed fear to really dictate my experience, and the fact that I used drugs, although I am learning to give myself some grace.

In reflection, would you do anything differently, either before the birth, during or after?

Even though I believe I did the best I could, I wish I had been more peaceful about the whole process. I regret getting so many ultrasounds because they just increased my anxiety. No good came from them. There are so many factors outside of our control when it comes to pregnancy and birth (or life, in general). Many times, we just have to stand by and wait to see how things go.

Auntie Cat’s Thoughts:
I remember getting the call from my mom that my sister was in labor. I live in California and wish I could have jumped on a plane immediately to be with my sister and welcome my nephew. I was overjoyed that my sister and nephew made it through the delivery safe and healthy. I was finally able to meet Jr. that Christmas, almost 4 months later.
  • There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    crazycat1126
    Date:
    Jan 25, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    246.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).