KAPOH

MOC-9-Day-2-Why-I-Scrap

MOC-9-Day-2-Why-I-Scrap
KAPOH, Jan 2, 2021
Description:
JOURNALING: SCRAPPING

I first got in to scrapbooking when I discovered baseball and fell in love with a team from my home state – Cincinnati Reds. Back then, about the only tools we had were a scrapbook and what was called “construction paper”, a brightly colored, slightly rough, paper made mostly from wood pulp. It was designed basically for classroom use in drawing and crafts. It was fun to take newspaper stories about a favorite player or special game and add accent strips of color with paper shapes. And, of course, it was all held down with the local product – Elmer’s White Glue, in the ubiquitous little squeeze bottle with the orange twist cap. Simple easy ways to preserve memories and dabble in artistic creativity.

In the 80’s and 90’s, scrapbooking really took off and I got on board. I had a big wheel-about suitcase style tote for my MANY supplies: cardstock (basically the old construction paper – refined), tons of patterned papers, glue sticks and dots, tape runners, decorative pens and scissors, washi tape, fancy borders, flowers, die cuts, chipboard, sequins, “gems”, foils, buttons, ribbons, and bows. Memory pages were now mostly photos taken with a film camera.

And then, DIGITAL hit. I had already converted to digital photography by the time my sister and I attended a scrapbooking convention in Jacksonville FL. So much fun. So much new stuff (to buy, of course). But it was a presentation on digital scrapbooking that would change everything. My sister attended that meeting while I was at another one and, when we met up afterwards, she could hardly contain her excitement. She had been given a copy of Adobe Photoshop Elements. And, once we discovered how wonderfully easy it was to use, my big tote got shoved to the rear of the closet and all I needed was my computer and my Canon. The reason still remains, however “Saving Memories” and making “Art.”

CREDITS: SKETCH: Clipart Library; FONTS: Chunky Comix; Arial; KIT: "I Scrapbook" by Little Butterfly Wings; WORD COUNT: 312
Dalis and angels like this.
    • cla
      Wow I love this - the sketched building, the bright orange and soft teal accents!
    • MrsPeel
      so wonderful to see you going bigger!!! and how great to know a bit more about your story... I always wanted to go to one of the scrapbook fairs, or at least a craft one...but there are none in London and I haven't been able to drive longer than half hour ion the past few years.... but I'm happy with having you guys around here... I remember there was a time you were scrapping ice skaters? I started looking at your pages closer and showing them to Sarita, she was still doing Ice Skating then, so we have been your fans for quiet a while :) love what you did here!!!!!!! [​IMG]
    • HeatherB
      Loved reading your journaling. I remember the Elmer's glue and construction paper. Love the sketch of Jacksonville. Great page! Thanks for playing along with my challenge!
    • Dalis
      I had a wheeled cart too!!!!!!! Oh those cool memories of scrapbook nights with friends!
    • keepscrappin
      i love the city sketch and the pops of color in the accents.... fun times paper scrappin, but i'm glad digital isn't as messy or as heavy to lug to a crop. :giggle
    • A-M
      Such well written journaling which I thoroughly enjoyed reading.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    KAPOH
    Date:
    Jan 2, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    133 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    640px
    Height:
    495px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).