ScrappyHappy82

MOC 8 Day 31 - The End

MOC 8 Day 31 - The End
ScrappyHappy82, Feb 1, 2020
Description:
Journaling reads:

So many times, the end is thought of in a negative aspect and rightfully so! But for me, the end is something I aspire to reach. It can’t come soon enough some days. The end of this tiresome struggle that is military life. It’s not all bad - not even close. We have had so many great and wonderful experiences because of the military and crossed paths with people we would have otherwise never met. But for every hello, there’s always a goodbye. I’m so tired of saying goodbye to the family we create for ourselves while we’re stationed somewhere. To the friends, classmates, teachers,. To the homes, favorite restaurants, shopping malls and local sites. Heck even to the veterinarians, doctors and dentists! I’m tired of saying goodbye on the rare occasions we can go home to visit family and the even rarer yet when someone comes to visit us! I’m tired of
pushing stop, rewind and repeat on our lives. I’m forever grateful for all the good we’ve experienced in the past 12 years as an active duty military family, and if I’m being objective, even some of the bad, but I’m looking forward to the day when we can retire, settle down and start saying “hello again” instead of the opposite. I’m eagerly awaiting the End of Goodbyes.

Credits:

Hope Shines Bright- Rachel Jefferies

tiny black flower - Pocket Art Signature Kit 1 - Rachel Jefferies
small orange paper flower (recolored) - Live Your Dream - Rachel Jefferies
"The End" - Fear Not Messy Alpha Stamps- Rachel Jefferies
"of" - Cityscape Alphas(altered with paint and blend modes) - Little Butterfly Wings and Studio Basic Designs
"Goodbyes" - Silent Battle Battles - Grief Alphas(with Hope Shines Bright paper clipped to it and multiply blend mode) - Little Butterfly Wings and Studio Basic Designs
fruitysuet and tia3966 like this.
    • ArmyGrl
      I totally related. I so look forward to planting roots and truly making a place my own.

Thank you to your family for serving!
    • justPattyAnne
      FANTASTIC journaling. I like that this is on that kraft paper background - like all the packing boxes & packing paper - and your cluster is superb!
    • Rachel Jefferies
      Your layering and shadow work here is just amazing! It must be so so tiring and draining to say so many goodbyes so frequently, you are so strong and dedicated :heartslub
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 8
    Uploaded By:
    ScrappyHappy82
    Date:
    Feb 1, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    399.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).