KimJ

MOC 8 : Day 13 : 1 shiny new refrigerator

MOC 8 : Day 13 : 1 shiny new refrigerator
KimJ, Jan 24, 2020
Description:
For MOC 2020 January 13 – By The Numbers

We did a partial remodel of our kitchen in 2008. All of the appliances were replaced (with stainless steel) at that time except the fridge. It’s finally showing its age and we don’t expect it to last a whole lot longer, so the time had come for it to be demoted to the garage. The finish mismatch has been camouflaged with a chaotic assortment of magnets, artwork, and memo boards. When I pulled all of it off in preparation for it to be moved, the white fridge was declared “naked”, “blank”, and “way too bright”. LOL Still getting used to the new one and haven’t learned how to use all the new features yet, but it sure is pretty. :)

25-year-old appliance
24% off sale
12-month no-interest financing
6 hours online researching options
2 top candidates selected
2 trips to Lowe’s
1 order placed
4 days to prep house
7 hours clearing path
13 gallons expired food tossed
2 delivery men
1 old appliance relocated to garage
1.5 hours unpacking, maneuvering, and assembly
1 shiny new refrigerator

Credits:
Storyteller Kit by Designed by Soco & Sabrina's Creations
Font: Acumin Variable Concept
lcpereyra and Lisa B like this.
    • lcpereyra
      Love your fridge! I have envy even though it sounds like an exhausting process and decision! :) Fun way to document it - thanks for playing along with the challenge!
      KimJ likes this.
    • zinzilah
      love the fridge described in the numbers
      KimJ likes this.
    • Angela Toucan
      pretty cluster, great idea for documenting your new fridge
      KimJ likes this.
    • Karen
      I totally love how you scrapped this by the numbers! It's so exhausting to make these big purchases, huh? I love your pretty new fridge too! I really loved the idea of that middle snack drawer. My kids probably would never open the full fridge door again if we had one of those. They wouldn't fit into our space though sadly.
      KimJ likes this.
    • tinkerbell1112
      what a great way of journaling about the new and old fridge! We recently had a similar purchase when our old one died. And our old one was covered like yours and the new one isn't :( While I like our new shiny fridge, I miss my old beige one I could cover with magnets and artwork!
      KimJ likes this.
    • KimJ
      @tinkerbell1112 I actually don't miss the clutter on the old one. LOL We moved the old fridge out to the garage to use for overflow freezer space and sodas and such. 3 years later and it's only just now starting to have issues with the freezer temp (too hot or too cold, no in-between). Sad thing is that we've gotten so used to having the extra space that DH wants to replace it if it does go out. I think we just need to clean out the freezer more often and buy less soda! :lol
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Designer Layouts
    Uploaded By:
    KimJ
    Date:
    Jan 24, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    241.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).