chai

MOC 8.9 Restoration

MOC 8.9 Restoration
chai, Jan 12, 2020
Description:
Text:
When this house was built in 1910, it made a grand statement on Main St. It stood on the corner as a testament to the wealth of its owner. Over the years, it continued to decline.
The 1957 photo shows that portions of the porch roof had been removed. By the time we purchased the home in 2017, there was little left of the original porch. The exterior was full of mold and mildew. It was the house that the children walked by a little more quickly.
Over the past 2 1/2 years, we’ve restored the home to its original grandeur.

Credits: Treasured The Places by the LilyPad Designers
About Family & Home collab by Designed by Soco and Anita Designs
We are Family Template by Fiddle Dee Dee
    • norton94
      WOW this is a gorgeous transition over time back to the glory of it's original. Beautiful home and beautiful page!
    • Karen
      Holy cow! What an amazing transformation! Thank you for the link to your blog too! I LOVE seeing restoration projects like this. You did an amazing job. I love how you've incorporated the QR code on here and especially the pictures showing this beautiful house across it's lifespan!
    • keepscrappin
      i love watching shows on HGTV where they restore old homes and it's so amazing to see the transformation and see new life brought to these old homes... beautiful!
    • Karen
      chai likes this.
    • SeattleSheri
      Wow, amazing transformation! My house was also built in 1910 and went through a similar transformation. It's so exciting to see. What a great way to document the history of your home and its wonderful journey!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 8
    Uploaded By:
    chai
    Date:
    Jan 12, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    195 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).