Kat

MOC 8-31 I am a Storyteller. A Lightchaser. A Photographer

MOC 8-31 I am a Storyteller. A Lightchaser.  A Photographer
Kat, Jan 31, 2020
Description:
My photo is a blogstomp of my 9/11 families. One of these families had never had family photos. Each of these families has a person who devotes their life to others in some way (military, police, fire, etc.) and has the possibility that they may not come home at the end of the day. It's a honor to photograph these families completely free of charge every year.

Credits:
Bring On The Happy {Dressed Down} by Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs
Storyteller by Sabrina's Creations and Designed by Soco
Project Mouse At Sea Elements by Britt-ish Designs and Sahlin Studio
Just My Type Elements (red hearts) by Pink Reptile Designs
Homemade Alpha by Elif Sahin Designs (with style applied)
MPM Snapshots Layer Styles by Mommyish

Journaling reads:
I quit working “for the man” in the summer of 2017. I had worked my whole adult life for others and on more than one occasion I had been bullied, harassed, even fired a couple of times over the last 25 years. I spent 12 years in the veterinary field and in March 2017, I worked my last day at a vet clinic. I moved on to a much shorter commute, higher paid, part-time position with two seemingly very nice ladies who ran a small engineering firm. First impressions are not always right. I was bullied by a supervisor once. It was years ago when I had to change jobs due to a move and it was so bad that it changed who I was as a person.... permanently. I immediately recognized similar behaviors from my new co-worker. She told my boss I refused to do my work. The truth was she rejected mine and re-did it herself and not because it was wrong. In fact, I couldn’t complete my work most days without her interference. She was controlling and possessive and not happy to have another woman in “her office” taking over “her tasks”. The day I was counseled about “not doing my work”, I knew I was not the right fit for the position and that was all that mattered. I cried tears that night, but I turned in my two weeks’ notice not long after that. When my boss got my resignation, she was furious and told me they didn’t need me to stay the two weeks. I was very relieved, but I am pretty sure she told everyone she fired me. I went on to start my own business and even if it’s not always successful and considerably harder at times, but my mind is at peace that I am choosing myself first.
chastml and Coady like this.
  • There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 8
    Uploaded By:
    Kat
    Date:
    Jan 31, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    539.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).