KAPOH

MOC 7 My-Kinda-Town

MOC 7 My-Kinda-Town
KAPOH, Jan 7, 2020
Description:
JOURNALING: Since 2006, our local newspaper has conducted a digital Easter egg hunt. Columnist Joe Blundo creates 10 riddles describing locations in and around Franklin Co. OH where eggs have been digitally "hidden." Participants figure out the clues and send their answers to the newspaper. The winner receives a small prize. While not competing in the contest, my sister and I have had a lot of fun figuring out the clues and taking pictures at each site. We've learned so much about the amazing city in which we grew up. I do layouts after each of the hunts. This is riddle #6 from 2017. "Winnie Waymarker," my "travel troll" enjoys appearing, either in a photo or digitally added, on all of these layouts.
As soon as I read the clue, I knew the answer as I had frequented the Upper Arlington landmark numerous times, enjoying their tuna melt (one of the best in the city - and served with CHIPS!. Established in 1955 with one of the first "drive-thru" windows in the country, they are open from 7:30 AM to 7:30 PM Monday thru Saturday. They have a lunch and dinner menu, daily specials (such as their famous "hangover burger"), and breakfast all day. A quote from a 2013 review of the diner sums it up beautifully: "Nothing fancy, but you don’t go to Chef-O-Nette for fancy. You go for simple and filling."
JOE’S EASTER EGG HUNT
RIDDLE #6
Since ’55, fulfilling wishes
For those good old comfort dishes,
To its drive-up window glide
Or perch on its red Naugahyde,
Special plate if you’re hungover,
Find your treasure there, egg rover.
ANSWER: Chef-o-Nette Restaurant
2090 Tremont Center,
Upper Arlington, OH, 43221

CREDITS: PHOTOS: by me; "Magazine Page Template" - Elizabeth's Market Cross; "Dinner Date" - Pink Reptile Designs; "Sunshine and Daffodils" - Sahlin Studio; FONT: Oldnewspapertype
chastml likes this.
    • cfile
      This is wonderful! I remember seeing one of your egg hunt pages before, but I really enjoyed reading and learning more about Franklin Co OH! I love those little luncheonette Diner style restaurants.. their food is usually the best.. just down home, yum and plenty of it! Love the photos and your magazine style page!
    • nessita
      Love the font you used. Great page.
    • ashleywb
      I just love everything about this. Like Christa, I think I remember reading of another of the Easter Egg Hunt clues and thinking it was so cool - still so cool. What a great way to capture your city. I love the photos and journaling and the "newspaperish" design.
    • katell
      Really look like a mag! beautiful!
    • mirjam
      Love that font you used. And what a fantastic magazine style page. Loved reading your journaling and I love your photos!
    • mcurtt
      This reminds me of a vintage newspaper layout. I love the placement of your bold title and subtitle, accented by that horizontal line...
    • patsyt
      Awesome page!
    • gduncan
      I love your page, Karon! The photos are great, and your journaling is so interesting to read. Love that heading and cute saying about the capitol of Ohio! How cute! Love it!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 8
    Uploaded By:
    KAPOH
    Date:
    Jan 7, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    132.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    495px
    Height:
    640px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).