Joan K

MOC 6 Day 31.Then And Now.web

MOC 6 Day 31.Then And Now.web
Joan K, Jan 31, 2018
Description:
Template - Fiddlesticks #2
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Fiddlesticks-Set-1-Digital-Scrapbook-Template.html
Dawn Inskip - School Collection
https://the-lilypad.com/store/School-Collection.html
Title Font - Hobo Std
Journal font - Behind Blue Eyes
    • Joan K
      Journaling Text -
      October 2011 - I was working full time at Slinger Middle School teaching Health. I had great co-workers in the "C" wing of the building including (pictured) Choir Director Christin, Band Director Kathy, Art Teacher Gail and Phy Ed Teacher Amanda. In this picture, we all wore similar clothes for "Twin Day." (I think Gail forgot the pink top, but we still wanted her in our picture!) At that time, I was 55 years old and planning on working for at least 5 more years. Little did I realize that less than two years later, I would retire - courtesy of some onerous changes at the state level called Act 10. This would change significantly the retirement parameters including availability of healthcare. To preserve my PIB (Post Employment Benefits) I retired in June 2103 under the final union contract for our district teachers. That was Then.....
      January 2018 - I am in my 5th year of substitute teaching after retirement and just starting a long term subbing job teaching health at Badger Middle School in West Bend. The schools are less than 10 miles apart, but I feel like it is a completely different world - way out of my comfort zone. After a week on the job, I am no longer getting lost in the building, but I am still challenged to learn the names of my co-workers and students. I will only be here two months, so some of it is my own (lack of) motivation. Some of it also, I believe, is longing for the familiar and friendly. One cool thing here - two of my former Slinger students are now teachers at Badger! This is Now, and it is a small world after all!
    • Jems
      love your emblishments and great LO
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    Joan K
    Date:
    Jan 31, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    218 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).