jenmaddocks

MOC 2023 Day 21 Letter To Future Self

MOC 2023 Day 21 Letter To Future Self
jenmaddocks, Jan 24, 2023
Description:
Time Capsule/Letter to Future Self
Materials Used:
Hear My Voice Changing Rachel Jefferies & Lynn Grieveson
This is a bit pessimistic. But that's just where I'm at right now.
Journaling says:
1.24.2023 About 6 months ago we made a big change by moving out of the suburbs to a home three hours away in the mountains. It's 10 acres of land and the house is off grid. Dramatic to say the least. And most people we talk to are very jealous! I have to admit, though, that I'm struggling pretty hard with it all. I grew up in the country so I am familiar with it but we've been living in the city for much of our married life and I got rather used to it. It seems I really enjoy the comforts of the city and all it has to offer. Don't get me wrong, I love nature. It's a very strong influence in my life. And now I'm surrounded by it all the time. We have no near neighbors and are surrounded by national forest. We have lots of wildlife and lots of pretty views. But I've never done well with change in general. I'm 3-4 hours away from my girls so I don't see them as often now which is really hard for me. It's been pretty cold and snowy here because of the elevation and I'm not wild about either of those things either. All that said, I am trying to focus on the positive things in my life. I've started collecting heart rocks. They seem to be everywhere here...all sizes. I think I'm starting to have enough to have a little heart rock garden. The dogs seem happier now that there aren't neighbors and dogs so close. They no longer have to wear their bark collars. I'm exercising more and being outside more which does bring me joy. We are living at a much quieter pace. I hope that helps with my overall health. I'm hoping that not too far down the road when I come back to read this I will be doing much better with everything. And I'm also hoping that living out here in all this beauty helps jumpstart my creativity.
  • There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 11 - Coming Home
    Uploaded By:
    jenmaddocks
    Date:
    Jan 24, 2023
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    249.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).