jwalls39

MOC 2018 Jan 26 - Tradition/Heritage (Journaling Challenge)

MOC 2018  Jan 26 - Tradition/Heritage (Journaling Challenge)
jwalls39, Jan 30, 2018
Description:
Credits:
Etc. by Danyale: Note to Self
Font: Sears Tower

Journaling reads:
In 1996, my husband, who was at the time, working for an Israeli defense contracting firm in Ft. Worth, was asked to work at the home office in Haifa, Israel. Not a place to live on my top 10 but as they say, “Go where the money is!” So off we went. I’d never been out of the US (other than vacations ) so needless to say I was a bit nervous about being SO far from my comfort zone...not to mention living in the Middle East for a year. But I was a trooper...after all, I did tell him he had to marry me before we left (which he did) so it was the least I could do. About 3 months into our stay I was feeling a little homesick so hubby told me to invite my good friend Stephane to visit and he’d fly her out. This gal brought me all kinds of goodies that I’d been missing including a spiral sliced, Honeybaked ham, Tostitos and salsa!! I was in foodie heaven! (and she got through customs with it!) One of the sightseeing trips we took was to the Dead Sea. (a given for all visitors) We had so much fun! You actually DO float! Just don’t ever enter the Dead Sea with freshly shaven legs! Trust me on that!! We also did the Dead Sea Mud Body Mask (as you can see). We covered each other from head to toe, let it dry, then rinsed off. Makes your skin feel AMAZING! Living in Israel for a year was definitely an experience! I can say I’ve been there. No rush to go back tho’. Once was enough for me!
    • mcurtt
      Oh my! I enjoyed your journaling, great pic, although I'd seriously have to think about the mud body mask.
    • Iowan
      What an adventure and love the huge photo of the mud mask. Your clustering is perfect as is your choice of papers. Loved reading your journaling. Thanks for taking the heritage challenge!!
    • *gina*
      Great page - love the journaling!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    jwalls39
    Date:
    Jan 30, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    180.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).