mollyc

MOC 20: Storytelling

MOC 20: Storytelling
mollyc, Jan 24, 2019
Description:
Sahin Designs: Sweet Life, Snow Flurries

Text of journaling:
I would never have believed how much this camera would change my life. To be fair, it wasn't actually this specific camera, but this is the one that sparked everything. I'm currently on my fourth camera body and this particular one was nothing special in terms of specifications and advancements. Yet I will always have a softness for this specific camera, for the way it helped to open my eyes.

Having a camera in my hands gives me a confidence I often don't otherwise feel. It allows me to observe from the background, and sometimes I even push my way to the front, because people often give photographers a better spot to see. My camera got me through a near panic attack while climbing Diamond Head (and I ended up with amazing photos) and helped me calm down after an actual panic attack swimming in the ocean.

I have made incredible friends and relationships with people I've met through photography, and it gives me a voice to tell my stories. It's just a tiny little box, and yet it produces the most magical images and preserves memories.

I would be adrift without my camera, and I am so thankful I decided to buy one in November of 2007.
Trish and FarrahJobling like this.
    • SharLamb
      What a beautiful story. Your color palette is perfect. I so wish I had the first camera I ever got...a little P&S when I was about 8 years old. And what I wouldn't give to know where the photos are I took (there were some surprisingly good ones! ...in B&W!) got to. I fell in love with photography those 64 years ago, and the romance continues. Love your tribute.
      mollyc likes this.
    • Trish
      What a great story! I love my Canon 5d. I just posted mine about my camera also.
      mollyc likes this.
    • cfile
      What a fabulous page Molly and what a beautiful and heartfelt journaling.. I have a Canon Rebel T 3I .. I don't use it as much as I should but I am amazed when I do. I love this so much .. the C&S page.. fabulous!
      mollyc likes this.
    • jesskab
      Such a soft & delicate page for an object that has gently eased away your anxiety. Thank you so much for joining the storytelling challenge!
      mollyc likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 7
    Uploaded By:
    mollyc
    Date:
    Jan 24, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    427.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1500px
    Height:
    1941px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).