kimingvtx

MOC 17 Hindsight Web

MOC 17 Hindsight Web
kimingvtx, Jan 17, 2020
Description:
Papers and elements from Just Jaimee Son and Just Jaimee Daughter.

Journaling -

Ever since I became a mom, I have been a praying mom. My prayer life intensified when they moved to college because I really had to depend on God to look after them. Both of my children are through with college and are living adult lives now; and my prayer life still includes them. In 2018-2019, my prayer life intensified again with prayers for my children.

In late 2018, my daughter told me that she and her husband wanted to move to North Texas and she would be calling the synod office to see if any churches were looking for pastors. This was a two-fold prayer. One that she would be called by a church and then could be ordained in the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America and also that they would be living closer to me. I had been praying that she would find a church for many months already. That prayer was answered in February when a church called her to be their pastor. She started working at the church in April and was ordained in June.

I thought my prayer life would be a bit easier but my son got laid off from his job in June. So back to intense prayers. I found myself doubting that God would answer this prayer because he had answered my prayers about my daughter so wonderfully. I know in my heart that prayer doesn’t work that way, but it is how I was feeling. In my prayer journal, there were some prayers in all caps as I was essentially yelling at God. I prayed fervently from June to December that he would find a job. He was hired at the end of December to start work in January.

Hindsight is 20/20 and I was reminded that God does not answer prayers on my schedule but on His. I was reminded that He does know what each of us needs at that time. I still don’t know why my son had to be unemployed for six months, but I do know that God is faithful and was always with him.

I will continue to pray for my children and other members of my family. My daughter just gave me some prayer beads and I can hardly wait to use them.
chastml likes this.
    • EHStudios
      Your kids are so lucky that you have their hearts in your prayers so often! This just exudes love & I love it for the challenge!
      kimingvtx likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 8
    Uploaded By:
    kimingvtx
    Date:
    Jan 17, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    239.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).