MOC 12

MOC 12
zinzilah, Jan 14, 2019
Description:
I used Lynn Grieveson's beautiful kit Creekside
and JJ's Starry Night, Year in Review 2018
Carol K. likes this.
    • cinna
      Such a cool photo and I love what you've done with it!
    • cfile
      This is beautiful Olga.. you are really enjoying the dark bg papers with the galaxy dust added to them.. I love it here with the fabulous wuote and the neon coloring of your photo.. what a cool effect, and love the hidden title here.. well done.. beautiful!
    • flowersgal
      So striking and artsy. Well done.
    • jenn mccabe
      Your title is phenomenal - I like the fact that there is no separation between pixels in the photo mask shape and the title - it all flows pixel to pixel except for the few cut out areas which is fine. And the little bit of shadowing on the edges of the title works for me since the flow of shape to title isn't interrupted (it's just a little lift on the edges of the title). I'm mesmerized by how you got that cut out look above the letters? Was the photo attached to a mask or did you create that - it's perfect for the photo and truly stunning Olga! Do tell us! :)
    • zinzilah
      @jenn mccabe I have followed the challenge explanation exactly, creating a rectangle with the words cutty sark attached and a little overlapping, merged them and clipped the photo to it, but it looked a little off, the paper colour, and the blue sky looked wrong together, so I tinted the paper, and they almost merged seemlessly but not quite, so I played with blending modes, and this looked just right, except that now the title was slightly less visibly, then I added the shadows to pop it more, didn't like it much on the straight edge, so removed it from there. It was a lot of experimenting, I have 2 completely different entries for this challenge, that I didn't upload, but this one I finally was happy about thus uploaded to the challenge thread.
    • jenn mccabe
      It's probably the blending and the font then that give it that cut out cool look. It's wild! bravo!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 7
    Uploaded By:
    zinzilah
    Date:
    Jan 14, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    376.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).