kimingvtx

MOC 12 Art Journaling Diary

MOC 12 Art Journaling Diary
kimingvtx, Jan 12, 2021
Description:
Notebook -- Kim Jensen Notebook provided for this challenge
Papers and some elements- Amy Wolff My Story Elements and My Story Papers
Other Elements including paint - Bella Gypsy Better Days Bundle
Stars have Mommyish Style applied -- #310 Paintbox styles from iNSD 2020 Style bundle

Journaling from my actual online journal --
March 13, 2020 (Friday)

Yes it is Friday the 13th and this is the end of a bad week. It was my spring break and the house is almost done….looks wonderful! The carpet comes on Monday and Bob and Scott,the painter have a little bit more to do. BUT we are officially having a Coronavirus or COVID-19 pandemic and things are a little scary for me. We are under “not quite quarantine’ but should stay home as much as possible and wash our hands often. Mark has a cold, but it is a cold and not COVID-19.

TCC and most other schools are extending their spring break so I am off next week too. Kathryn has canceled church and will send out prayers and a homily. Nick is still having church but it will also be live streamed. Mark and I will stay home and watch the livestream. Marie isn’t doing well. She is still recovering from her fall on Feb 28. Fortunately right now she has round the clock caregivers because we just learned that as of tonight they are not allowing visitors in at Meadowood. They stopped visitors on Wednesday at Dancing River, so I haven’t seen Joan in a couple weeks.

The stores are out of sanitizer and toilet paper. We ordered food from Walmart last night and our order was canceled. We ordered today and got there to pick it up and it took almost an hour. I told the girl how much I appreciated her and she almost cried. She said that it has been so crazy that she may quit. They were out of rice so they didn’t even substitute the rice, we just didn’t get any!

I talked to Kevin and he told me to panic for only 10 minutes a day! Good idea. I’m going to relax in my hot tub with some wine. Later -- In typical Friday the 13th manner, it started raining so I didn’t get to get in the hot tub, but I still had wine.

March 18, 2020 (Wednesday)

This has been a sad/anxious day for me. I’m still going in to work and trying to figure out how to do online classes. Susan is working with me. We don't know what they will do once these classes are finished. Will they then enroll in another course?

Silas has had to take a paycut since the Observers main advertisers are bars and restaurants. I saw on Facebook that Celia K. had to take a paycut too because she works for a place and their main clients are hotels who are losing money.

I feel that Kathryn has the weight of her entire church on her shoulders. I hope that they can continue paying her. I hope that Kevin keeps his job.

These are scary times and I’m trying to remember that God is in control.

March 22, 2020 (Sunday)
Well yesterday was a pretty sad day for me. Mark had gone camping and I woke up with a cold. I didn’t feel well at all and of course we are still doing the social distance thing! We probably have at least eight weeks of this! Lisa suggested that we have dinner together using Zoom. I took a shower and finally got dressed around 5:30pm and heated up some leftovers. We had a good time but it isn’t the same as being together. Then Kevin, Amy, Kat, Silas, and me got on Google Hangout and played jackbox.tv games. That was fun. I didn’t sleep well because I am drinking so much water that I had to go to the bathroom every couple of hours.

Today, I watched as Nick and Kathryn did a joint service for both churches. It was wonderful. I’m thinking back to 2 weeks ago when we went out for lunch after church with Susie! That was great and I didn’t realize how much our world was going to change.
    • Sokee
      Church is the one thing we miss the most! My bible study ladies FaceTime me in to our small group each week so at least I still have that connection. My husband is high risk so I/We have been so careful.
      I love the layer strips of paper your diary is sitting on! And wonderful journaling! Thank you so much for playing along with my MOC challenge!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    kimingvtx
    Date:
    Jan 12, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    307.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).