MOC 11 - Day 25 Love Story
jam-on-toast, Jan 27, 2023
Description:
Template
Scrapping with Liz | Morning Rituals: COLLAB
https://the-lilypad.com/store/COLLAB-Morning-Rituals.html

Kit
Micheline Lincoln Designs | Be Collection
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Be-the-complete-collection-by-Micheline-Lincoln-Designs.html

This is the companion page to my earlier layout documenting my parents' story.
[​IMG]

The journaling reads:

My mother was not the bride my dad's family would have wanted. She, whose father was but a foreman, was no match for a general's daughter, but my father insisted and they got married. Later they would joke about how they wanted to ask for a dishwasher as their wedding gift, but decided against it fearing his family would think her lazy and asked for a traditional set of dishes instead. When my dad was drafted, my mother, pregnant at the time, went to live with her in-laws, and later, once I was born, went to join him at the military base where she, a city girl, had to learn to cook on a wooden stove and where the floor was so cold, any spilled water would turn to ice. My dad had five-day shifts and she was alone with just an eight-month old to keep her company. Two years later they returned to the city, back to living with the in-laws. There were five adults (one of them bed-ridden), a toddler and a baby on the way crammed into a three-room apartment. At this point the two (somewhat at odds) families decided to join forces and help them buy an apartment of their own. Months and years flew by... As children, we were blissfully unaware of any tensions within the family. There were no hints, no glances, no undertones from either side. Mom never said a bad word about my grandmother, and my grandmother always supported my mother's decision. This year my parents will celebrate 50 years together, 48 of those years married. A lot has happened during those years... One doesn't spend half a century with another person in perfect harmony every step of the way. Romantic love alone is not enough to build a happy family. You need to love your husband not only as a man, but as a person who loves and needs his mother, you need to love your children and let them love their grandmother. You need to love your wife and make sure she never finds herself in a position where she must defend herself. And you need to love your son to not stand in the way of his happiness. Life requires all kinds of love from us. My parents' love story has a happy ending. She wasn't petty or vindictive and earned his family's respect by being a devoted wife and mother, and they in turn accepted her because they loved their son and his children.
scrapchyck likes this.
    • garrynkim
      Beautiful love story. I love your descriptions of love and respect...wonderfully told. Your layout is gorgeous and the second page is perfect to showcase this love affair. Thank you for playing along with the MOC 11 day 25 challenge.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 11 - Coming Home
    Uploaded By:
    jam-on-toast
    Date:
    Jan 27, 2023
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    398.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).