KayTeaPea

MOC 11 Day 10- ADHD

MOC 11 Day 10- ADHD
KayTeaPea, Jan 13, 2023
Description:
Lynn Grieveson- Messy Pocket 7- template https://the-lilypad.com/store/Messy-Pockets-No7.html ; Sometimes Prickly-papers and elements https://the-lilypad.com/store/Sometimes-Prickly-Kit.html

Journaling:
As a child, I always felt like I was different, more sensitive than other people, like something was wrong with me. I had a lot of anxiety but didn’t have the words to express my worries. I remember feeling like an outsider at church, at school and at dance, even though I had been in each of those places since I was old enough to go to school and dance and at our church since I was born.

My brother was diagnosed with ADHD as a young elementary student- maybe in 2nd grade or so. He was always hyper and definitely affected by artificial coloring in food. I was more of a quiet, introverted little girl, so no one thought that I was also dealing with ADHD.

A few years ago, I found some notes about how ADHD shows up differently in girls than boys and that it isn’t outgrown. I took an online test for ADHD and scored high, so I went to a psychiatrist and ended up being diagnosed with ADHD.

I was excited to learn about different symptoms of ADHD in women such as Rejection Sensitive Dysphoria- an experience of severe emotional pain because of a failure or feeling rejected. I had always really struggled with failure or rejection and learning that there was a reason for this, beyond just being “too sensitive” was very helpful.

This past year, I decided to try some medication to help with the symptoms of ADHD that I was experiencing. After a few months, I believe we have found the correct medication and dosage to help me. One great side effect of the medication is that I am losing weight easier than I did before starting this med.

If I could go back in time I would want to be able to explain to that little girl I was that there is nothing wrong with her, we just need some medication to help our brain work better and it will help us feel less anxious about everything and will most likely help us to do better in school- that we are not dumb because Algebra in 8th grade was overwhelming, and that we really are smart and that we don’t need to worry so much.

January 2023
    • tanteva
      Oh, I love this. I totally can relate to it all. (Except the weight loss thing. The only time in my life when I really looked forward to a side effect of my meds, and I didn't get it LOL)
      KayTeaPea likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 11 - Coming Home
    Uploaded By:
    KayTeaPea
    Date:
    Jan 13, 2023
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    250 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).