MOC-11-25-January-Tell-a-Love-Story
PaperWings, Jan 25, 2023
Description:
Ahoy Matey by Kristin Aagard
t is for together by Rachel Jefferies bundle
We are Storytellers by Sabrina Dupre

Journaling:
My father's love story with Teresita
No, he didn't cheat on my mother. No, Teresita is not a loose woman, she is a saint. She's not even a person, she's a place. To be more exact, it is a coastal town on the Atlantic coast of Buenos Aires, Argentina, called Santa Teresita. The sea is a bit chilly, the color is not turquoise but dark blue, and the sand is not white but beige; there are no palm trees, but there is a caravel (well, a replica). It's an unassuming place, but that's where my parents spend their honeymoon many years ago. They never return until my father find out there was a camping site and cabins in the shape of a hexagon. My siblings and I were children, and any place with a beach for the holidays was well received. My mother wouldn't go camping under any circumstance, especially with three little children. Truth be told, during those holidays we saw our parents in the morning, at lunch, and at dinner; we spent most of the time making friends, playing on the beach, climbing trees, or daring each other to get into a haunted house (an abandoned shed on the premises, actually). My parents never worried we get lost because the whole camping site was closed, and no child could leave without parental consent. We spend the best holidays there, and my father organized them three months in advance for years. Then we grew up, and teenagers don't go on holiday with their parents. Years went by, my father learned how to use the Internet, and the first thing he googled was that campsite. The cabins in the shape of a hexagon were changed by real cabins with more amenities, so he didn't think twice and took my mother three years in a row. Eventually, my mother got tired of this and convince him to go on holiday to other places, to hotels where she will be served, instead of spending her holidays doing the same things she does the rest of the year. Nevertheless, my father keeps checking the campsite web page every year.
zotova likes this.
    • scrapchyck
      Awww...this is a lovely story, and I just adore the square photos across the top and the way you placed the journaling.

YOUR PAGE IS A FROGGY FAVORITE FOR JANUARY !
      PaperWings likes this.
    • garrynkim
      This is a great love story and those cabins look so different and fun! I love the old photos you've used from the place that held your father's heart. Thanks for playing along with the MOC 11 Day 25 challenge.
      PaperWings likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 11 - Coming Home
    Uploaded By:
    PaperWings
    Date:
    Jan 25, 2023
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    7 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    2480px
    Height:
    2480px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).