RJMJ

Mixed Media Challenge-May 2019-Rachel Jefferies-Door To The Future

Mixed Media Challenge-May 2019-Rachel Jefferies-Door To The Future
RJMJ, Jun 4, 2019
Description:
Another Great Challenge...So Much Inspiration & So Many Idea Possibilities...As Some Of You May Know About Me...I'm Never Shy About Thinking Outside The Box When It Comes To Layouts I Create...That's What I Love About Rachel's Kits/Pieces...You Are Only Limited To Your Own Creativity...

*I Had This Photo Of A Purple Door & That Inspired Me To Create A Certain Theme/Composition...But I Also Used 3 Different Papers That I Created From One Of Rachel's Mixed Media Papers Contained In The Only Kit I Used...I Blended Them Together To Get The Final Background Paper Look...Obviously I Recolored It Many Times...Using Different Hues/Textures/Shades Of Purple With Black As An Accent...Depth Of Shadows & Adding Paint Textures To Achieve The Desired Effect...This Took Me An Incredibly Long Time To Complete To The Point Where I Was Happy With The Result...But Even After All That...There Was Something That Wasn't Quite Right...It Was The WA That Was Wrong...It Threw Off The Whole Layout...Once I Recolored Them To Coordinate/Accent...Then Finally The Light Came On...& It Was Finally Finished...

*Hopefully The Theme Is Pretty Obvious...When One Door Closes...Another One Always Opens Up...That Is The Theme Here...Every Piece I Added Had A Specific Reason To Be Added In...The Bows Representing:Hanging In To See What's Next...The Window:The Window To The Future...The Roof Over The Door:Representing Shelter From The Impending Storms...The 2 Stars:Representing That You Are Your Own Star & That You Will Never Walk Alone...The Writing:To Certify That You Are Determined & Focused On The New Impending Journey Ahead...The Paint That Leads To The Front Door:Representing The Path To The Door But It Also Represents In A Whimsical Way Hope & Excitement For The Future...Just Like The Purple Paint To The Right...Also Loosely Representing A Figure/Shadow/Person Moving Towards Their Intended Journey Getting Ready To Walk Through The Door...But Also Leaving The Past Behind To A New Hopefully Brighter Future...The Green Plant:Leaning Towards The New Door To Your Future...Openness/Peace Of Mind/Calmness/Eagerness/Ready To Begin Your New Journey...The Textures Used Represent So Many Things:The Angst Of Life/Past & Present/Curiosity/Creativity...New Ideas...A Shadow Of Your Former Life But Need Or Willingness To Move Forward & Seek A New Future...The Flowers Represent:Happiness/Femininity/Joy/Acceptance...Love Of Life Nature & Adventure...Opening Up One's Mind To New Possibilities...The Subtle Shades Of Blue Also Represent So Many Things:Happy Blue Skies/Light/Dreams/Past Blues Of Sadness/Blues Of Happiness/A Favorite Blue Denim Jacket Perhaps Or Your Favorite Blue Jeans That Bring Comfort & Relaxation...I Actually Lightened Up The Purple Background To Represent Hope & The Pink Is All About Happiness & All Things Pretty & Feminine...I Think You Get The Idea...Hopefully This Layout Isn't Too Far Outside The Creative Box So You Can See All That It Meant To Me To Create It...

*For My Door To The Future Layout-I Used Only One Kit:Rachel's Brand New Release:Mixed Media Monthly:Make Art & Journal No.3:Artists Miscellany & Artist & Mixed Media Papers(Recolored By Me)
    • bellbird
      love the representations here and the mood created with the purples and inks!
      RJMJ likes this.
    • Rachel Jefferies
      You've put so much time into this and the end results is fabulous! the textures and colours look so lovely!
      RJMJ likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Rachel Jefferies
    Uploaded By:
    RJMJ
    Date:
    Jun 4, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    305.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).