Brendazzle

Miracle Manatees

Miracle Manatees
Brendazzle, Jun 3, 2016
Description:
We spent the whole trip searching for manatees and, on our last day, we had this encounter.

Journaling reads: "When we decided to visit Canaveral National Seashore on a whim, we had no idea that all of mom’s dreams were about to come true. Our entire spring break was themed around seeing wild manatees. It was why we went to Citrus County. But we had just missed them there. We kept passing full parking lot after full parking lot as we looked for beach access and eventually parked by the river. Why not look in the river since it’s right there? Never in our wildest dreams did we think that we would see manatees here... and I burst into happy tears as I saw the little family group showing off in front of the overlook. This was the last day of our trip and we got the magical moment that we were waiting for. (Just like on our quest for bison last summer). As we stood there taking photos, we noticed that they were swimming closer to shore. So mom - seeing a moment worth seizing - took off her shoes, rolled up her pants, and waded in. I was right behind her, pulling off my shoes with one hand and holding my camera steady with the other. Although the manatees did not come any closer (and actually swam out a bit as we waded in), I managed to get a photo of mom and manatee flipping her its tail fin. (See next page.)"

Made with Keepin' It Real template 7 by Scrapping with Liz, Main Street by Kristin Aagard & Hat of Bunny, Little Traveler freebie mini by Kristin Aagard, & the Shiny Chrome freebie alpha by Kristin Aagard.
umyesh and Scrapping with Liz like this.
  • There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Journaling Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    Brendazzle
    Date:
    Jun 3, 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    350.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1200px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).