Justagirl

MIND BLOWN

MIND BLOWN
Justagirl, May 2, 2020
Description:
My take on the May Sketch Challenge.
Journaling reads:
I don’t know if any of you have kids that just like to fact find and read books filled with Science based information or general knowledge? If you do you’ll understand the joy I felt when Tige finally succumbed to reading a fictional novel and was completely blown away! 9 years I have endured bedtime stories equating to the likes of Chapter 9 Section 3 of the Human Respiratory System, or the exoskeleton of Bugs. So when Corona Virus hit town and we went into self isolation, I said to Tige now that we are home schooling I would like you to read a Fiction Novel he complied under duress and then something magical happened...HARRY POTTER came to life and Tige was hooked!

HAPPINESS IS HOME MADE BUNDLE | Rachel Jefferies & Little Butterfly Wings
HELLO THERE TEMPLATE | Rachel Jefferies
Thuria, LynnG, KittyY and 2 others like this.
    • Keela
      LOVE this! My 17 year old is like this. I have tried and tried to get him to read HP and he won't! He'd rather read history...LOL! Anyway, I love how everything is peeking out the bottom!
      Justagirl likes this.
    • KittyY
      I love how you kept the photo b&w - clever! This is fantastic!
      Justagirl likes this.
    • Justagirl
      @Keela we have clever boys! Tige is into horrible histories the gruesome icky side of history hehe
    • cfile
      oh Em, this makes my heart sing :) Not only am I a diehard HP person and books, but I love seeing the wonderful expression and smile on Tige's face and reading your journaling that Harry has come to life!!! Tige is going to enjoy all the books and reread them over and over again!!! :) I love that you rotated the template and made the clustering and layering like a border edge .. I really love that and your take on the challenge. I never thought to journal on an angle like that either.. love it.. Love your page Em.. Thanks for playing along and I can't wait to hear more of Tige's wonderful adventures with Harry!
    • bellbird
      Bwahaha yeah what is it with exoskeletons etc that make them so interesting? Glad he's turned to a new chapter in his reading journey but encyclopaedias of dinosaurs & bugs were DS's jam for a while too (& that Operation Ouch & all Steve Backshaw's Deadly 60 type TV shows on the ABC still) but he started with the Boy versus Beast series & continued along the mythical creature path & after discovering HP & never looked back eithet (after an all too long Goosebumps phase & man, the nightmare stage from them in yr3 was not great - hope you avoided that reading pitfall! )
    • bellbird
      Oh and it's common for boys to prefer fact stuff & non-fiction, have had several teachers tell me this & I figure they know so no worries - I had the opposite with DD, she wouldn't read non-fiction home readers, she could but just didn't want to
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pollywog Team Layouts
    Uploaded By:
    Justagirl
    Date:
    May 2, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    249.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).