Beth Holmes

Mass-Moca-Favorite

Mass-Moca-Favorite
Beth Holmes, Nov 11, 2022
Description:
I love scrapping one big photo. I just took this one while visiting the Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art.

The journaling reads:
"This was my favorite of all the art we saw at the Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art in North Adams. Ellen and I spent quite a long time in this room just experiencing this artwork, looking up at it from different angles and places. It was such fun to explore with someone who also likes to be challenged and intrigued by modern art. I loved the title of this, it reflects the actual color of the cosmos which is more beige than blue. It features over 150 specially fabricated LED fixtures suspended from the ceiling over an expanse of the 80-foot-long gallery. The constellation of LEDs is arranged in the gently arching shape of the Milky Way as it is observed in the Northern Hemisphere in March."

Lilypad Products Used:
Lynne Grieveson Season of Magic Kit (yellow star flair)
Lynne Grieveson Sing to Me Kit (white paper)
Lynne Grieveson Life in Pictures No. 2 Templates
Lilypad Collab Love Starts Here: World (Sara Gleason yellow world map paper)
Mommyish Styln 303 Wire (Layer style used on font "Seasoned Hostess" to make title)

Non Lilypad Products Used:
Katie Pertiet Star Strips Brushes and Stamps
LynnG likes this.
    • weaselwatchr
      That is way cool. Love how you did your title and left the photo large. It looks like it could be a page in a magazine. Such a clean and modern look.
    • AnEnglishLady
      [​IMG]
      Wow! I love this clean and simple layout. I too love a large photo. Your journalling is a perfect mix of personification and interesting facts. I'm sure looking at this page in years to come, will trigger so many memories.
    • cfile
      Gorgeous page Beth! I love the split page with large photo and elements.. awesome journaling too!
    • Beth Holmes
      @weaselwatchr forgot to put the layer style I used to make the title in the credits. I just added it as well as the font.
    • Beth Holmes
      @AnEnglishLady Thank you! I love clean and simple pages. I've always been inspired by Ali Edwards style and focus on Memory Keeping. I do try to capture why the photo is important to me as well as details about it in my journaling. I was a history major and love documenting history.
    • Angela Toucan
      the gold tile is perfect with that photo.
    • flowersgal
      Gorgeous photo and lovely layout. Great documentation and it must have been great fun to be there in person moving about and seeing the installation from different perspectives.
    • StefanieS
      Love for the large photo, awesome view. Thanks for playing along with my challenge this month.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Style Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    Beth Holmes
    Date:
    Nov 11, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    437.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    650px
    Height:
    650px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).