Donitab

Mama B & Her Sisters

Mama B & Her Sisters
Donitab, Jul 27, 2020
Description:
For Lynn's old photo challenge - this photo is from around the late 1930's of my grandmother, her sisters, and her cousins.
Credits: All Lynn Grieveson
Bristol Kit
One Wish Kit
Lucille Kit
Botanist Brushes No1
Messy Pockets No9
LynnG and KittyY like this.
    • Cherylndesigns
      What a great photograph! You did a nice job of editing it, Danita! Love the way they used to pose - like they were always having fun!
      Donitab likes this.
    • flowersgal
      What a fun photo. Isn't it great to realize they were young once with a sense of humor? I enjoyed reading your observations about family resemblances and your thoughts about your grandmother's shyness. Nifty layout.
      Donitab likes this.
    • cookingmylife
      Oh I love this! the hitchhiking pose was probably the only way a lot of women could feel as if they could go somewhere back in those days. It really is a photo to treasure and the various blues are so good.
      LynnG and Donitab like this.
    • KittyY
      I am always such a sucker for old pictures and good story telling!
      :bk
      Donitab likes this.
    • mary kate
      What a great photo! And I love your thoughtful journaling: yeah, we tend to see our grandparents as these elderly, grandparent types; but they too were young once, just as we too, if we're lucky, will someday be elderly...
      Donitab likes this.
    • mcurtt
      What a fun photo! I love the layering and your slight slant to it. Great journaling & I love the insights into the personality of "Mama B" and how the photo depicts that. For the longest time, I refused to scrap older pics of my ancestors as I chose to memorialize them as young and vibrant. But I've decided to begin selecting some of them when they were older. It's life. Thank you for participating in Lynn's Scrap an Old Photo Challenge! :beat
      Donitab likes this.
    • LynnG
      What a cute bunch they are :-) Such a lovely photo and I love your journaling and the fun details.
      Donitab likes this.
    • Angela Toucan
      great story telling with your precious old photo. lovely page
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lynn Grieveson
    Uploaded By:
    Donitab
    Date:
    Jul 27, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1.9 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3600px
    Height:
    3600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).