dotcomkari

Make Over

Make Over
dotcomkari, Jan 13, 2021
Description:
Little Butterfly Wings and Studio Basic: Life is: Making Memories, Days Off , Inside my Purse
Heather Joyce: The Becca
Rachel Jefferies: Messy Dates 2020

Looking for Christmas gifts this past holiday season I found myself sitting in the makeup aisle at my local Target store. When you have a daughter, you start to realize she's just as strong as everyone else in the house -- a force to be reckoned with, a soul on fire with the same life and gifts and passions as any man. But sitting in this store aisle, you also begin to realize most people won't see her that way. They'll see her as a pretty face and a body to enjoy. And they'll tell her she has to look a certain way to have any worth or influence.
My youngest baby girl, Asia, recently turned 12 in July and is at age where her friends are starting to experiment and wear makeup. Asia has never been one to really follow the crowd. In fact, she is quite immature for her age. Yet this year entering middle school; she wants to be part of that in crowd. It may be the Tick Tock teeny-boppers talking or the fact she is surrounded by tons of new faces. But she wants to be one of those girls. The pretty girls.
So what does a mother do in this situation? Of course, I bought her one of those giant makeup kits you find in the Christmas aisle, you know the ones with everything a young girl with need from 100's of shades of eye shadow done to lip stick and even nail polish. To finish it off I even got her a fancy bag of makeup brushes finished in glitter!
Come Christmas morning, Asia's face lit up when she opened her box of makeup and found the sparkly glitter brushes along with it. She couldn't wait to use it. Being only 12 and immature for her age, Asia has little to none makeup experience. As any lady knows good makeup techniques come with practice and practice makes perfect. So seeing Asia's excitement and joy with her new-found passion I volunteered myself to be her very first victim, I mean makeover.
She carefully laid out her new makeup across the vanity we made a few weeks earlier in her bedroom. We placed a towel over my clothes, and she went to work on my makeup. Asia painlessly worked for over 20 mins picking out the perfect shades of makeup for my skin tone. She carefully applied the makeup to my face as if I was in a beauty salon. Having me pucker my lips like a fish as she applied lipstick and bat my eyelashes as she applied eye shadow and mascara.
I was not allowed to look in the mirror until my final reveal, in fact she even covered it with a blanket, so I could be surprised. Soon I was pronounced gorgeous and ready to go. She lifted the blanket and allowed me to have my first glance. I have to say I had to bite my lip from not laughing out loud. She definitely needs more experience in the makeup department. I looked a bit like a clown with rosey cheeks and bright red lipstick. But for her first job I give her props on the bold colors she had chosen for my makeover.
I proudly wore my makeup for Christmas dinner and was the most made up person at the table. And Eric even mentioned he kind of really digged that bright bold red lipstick.
    • bestcee
      What a fun mom moment! I love that you indulged her desire to makeup, and then boosted her esteem by wearing the makeup all day. The photo is a fabulous addition to your story and highlights that you wore it proudly. Thanks for playing in my challenge!
      dotcomkari likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Little Butterfly Wings
    Uploaded By:
    dotcomkari
    Date:
    Jan 13, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    232.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).