KAPOH

Magical Memory

Magical Memory
KAPOH, Jul 21, 2015
Description:

JOURNALING: It was my second trip to the then-Soviet Union, this time with a Christian tour group celebrating the 1000th anniversary of Christianity in Russia (1988). And my sister was with me. The group was on a bus heading into Moscow. My sister and I were sitting in the back. The tour guide announced we would be staying at the Rossiya Hotel in the city. I let out a "whoop!" because I was so excited. Everyone turned and looked at me quizzically. I replied, "Just wait until you see where that hotel is located."
It is located on Red Square and every morning, when we left for the day, this is the sight with which we were greeted:

(PHOTO)

The Kremlin. And the iconic symbol of Russia - St. Basil's Cathedral.

CREDITS: PHOTO: web; KITS: Weekend at Home by Kate Hadfield and Miranda Moved Mountains by Sissy Sparrows (TLP); FONT: Eyes Wide Open
    • NancyBeck
      Love the open book for your journaling and photo and the perfectly selected travel ephemera behind it!
    • bderby
      What an amazing sight to be greeted with each day.  I also think that the open book journaling is really cool!
    • Pups_r_Paps
      Love the travel sketched elements in the bg of your page.  I love the journaling in the journal - magical place for sure.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Journaling Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    KAPOH
    Date:
    Jul 21, 2015
    View Count:
    Comment Count: