Love Hummers

Love Hummers
BevG, Jun 4, 2017
Description:
Perfect Days {Dressed Up) by Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs
M3 May 17 Main Kit
Gary Oxlade likes this.
    • scrappyjedi
      Your photos are absolutely stunning! hummingbirds move fast, and you captured them so well! I love all the pain elements, especially the painted flowers that overlap the photos.
      BevG likes this.
    • Sokee
      I love hummingbirds!! Beautiful photographs design beautifully!
      BevG likes this.
    • bellbird
      we have a heap of wildlife here that people travel across the world to see but i've never seen one of these in real life and they amaze me - i can't imagine the shutter speed necessary but you captured both their frenetic movement and peaceful nature and scrapped them perfectly! beautiful job (been staring at this way to long!)
      BevG likes this.
    • BevG
      @bellbird We only have the Ruby-throated hummingbird here in NC. The brown one is a female. When they are younger, the males do not have a red throat. Yes, they are very fast. My shutter speed was 1/125. I wanted to go faster but it was late in the day and the photos were too dark. We were on my parent's back porch so I set there focused on the feeder, ready to click as soon as they showed up.
    • bellbird
      'set there focused on the feeder' - clever! 1/125 seems to have worked well enough to give a nice bit of blur to the wings but the body is so in focus i would have thought u'd need it to be heaps faster! i'm guessing that is partly due to their ability to hold their body very still while flapping then? like i said, i'm really amazed, we have bigger, slower, clumsier birds here!
      BevG likes this.
    • bellbird
      @BevG and yeah the boys always have to have the show off colouring, don't they!
      BevG likes this.
    • Gary Oxlade
      Fab photo's, what a lovely page you have made, love it
      BevG likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Photography Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    BevG
    Date:
    Jun 4, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    168.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).