Pups_r_Paps

Look-Up-in-the-Sky-(2)

Look-Up-in-the-Sky-(2)
Pups_r_Paps, Sep 30, 2018
Description:
JOURNALING: 9/11/17; near Columbus OH Returning home after touring the Parade of Homes, we saw this large, strange object in the sky. Turns out it was a blimp! Not sure why it was skimming the skies of central Ohio, but it was quite a sight to behold. Research determined this was “Wingfoot One”, put into service in 2014. This was the first of three new Goodyear blimps, built upon a semi-rigid frame. Technically this isn’t a “blimp” but a “dirigible.” “One” is based in Pompano Beach Florida, so perhaps it was headed home. “Two” is based in Carson, California and was put into service in 2017. “Wingfoot Three”, first flown in June 2018, is based at Wingfoot Lake in Suffield Ohio where all three dirigibles were built.

CREDITS: PHOTOS - by me; TEMPLATE - Sara Gleason; KITS - "Mariko", Lynn Grieveson; "Haunted Halls - Scatters", etc. by Danyale; FONTS - Centaur Regular, Cavorting Regular
KarenB likes this.
    • JillW
      Very cool to see the blimp! (Funny, but I was just looking at my hubby's bank statement - and he receives a pension from Goodyear, and when the money goes into his account, it's registered as "Goodyear Wingfoot" … I looked at it just before turning to the TLP gallery - ha ha!) I'm glad you captured it and were able to create a page about it!
    • KAPOH
      Very interesting journaling; great pics; love the colors.
    • yellowpeep
      Fun fact: I am terrified of blimps. We don't have them in Hawaii where I grew up and the first time I saw one it "snuck" up on me. It was right on top of me but almost silent. I was terrified! Things that big are not supposed to be in the air. :) Great colors and that colorful patterned paper reminds me of blimps.
    • cfile
      beautiful!! love the photo and love your journaling. Perfect for the template challenge! Thanks for joining in the challenge.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Template Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    Pups_r_Paps
    Date:
    Sep 30, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    130.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    495px
    Height:
    640px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).