dotcomkari

Life Right Now Side 2

Life Right Now Side 2
dotcomkari, Apr 4, 2020
Description:
Rachel Jefferies: Pocket Art 3, M3 Sept 18, I Do my Own Thing, Just Imagine, CU Mis 2, Messy Marks Dates 2020
M3 Sept 2019
Little Butterfly Wings, Allison Penninton and Etc By Danyale: Life Unscripted Daily Bull, Life Unscripted Scary
DSI: Convid-19 Freebie
Heather Joyce: The Reed

As the Covid-19 numbers climbed higher and higher these past few weeks, our family’s world got smaller. We are now spending almost all our time inside a tiny 2 bedroom apartment. We are told we shouldn’t leave the house without masks over our faces and to wash our hands constantly. My fiancé, for example is deadly afraid of this virus. He is paranoid as hell! He washes his hands after even going to the mailbox. He strips off his clothes after work and showers. And this paranoia is ok. I see why he is scared. This virus is a killer. The days are passing slowly now, I won’t lie. I am going a little stir crazy. I have my whole family by my side and everything I need to survive. But none of this is comparable to the days outside my house, with my friends and enjoying the world around me. It is those little moments like going out to eat or even bumming around the mall that I use to take for granted. The world today is a scary place of an uncertain future. I am watching friends and family being tested positive for the virus and unsure of their futures. This is not a small thing. This is a BIG deal. People around me are dying. This virus is a killer. And it scares the shit out of me. A couple of weeks ago, many of us were still bemoaning how the internet and social media were disrupting our communities and destroying the capacity for genuine interpersonal relationships. Now, I wonder how on earth we would get through this pandemic without the help of social media. People are turning to facetime or email to connect with their loved ones. Phone calls are longer now days. People are checking in with one another and offering to actually help each other. In ways this virus is bringing us closer together as a community of the world. People want to help others. Kindness is spending. It is a positive thing in the darkness. . But that fear is still there in the back of everyone’s minds. In the end, I know staying home right now is the right thing to do. And I will stay till given the clear. I will continue to pray for my family and friends where ever they are. I will wash my hands 1000 times a day to keep my family healthy. And I will sport a sexy mask when I do have to go out. I will continue to support my worldly community. I will with others beat this thing. C-19 will not be the end. There will be a brighter and better future.
Skivvy, justPattyAnne and LilachOren like this.
    • LilachOren
      You touched me with the journal you wrote. your page is so powerful. thank you for sharing
      dotcomkari likes this.
    • ArmyGrl
      Your two page spread is out of this world! Much love for how you make beautiful art in troubling times.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Journaling Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    dotcomkari
    Date:
    Apr 4, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    182.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).