AJK

Lake Scent AJMuseMay1

Lake Scent AJMuseMay1
AJK, May 14, 2022
Description:
.The scent of the lake changes the city and people to children and memories. Watching the crossing of the big bridge in the back seat, hot and with the head pressed against the window,
excitement building as we drove closer to the lake front cottage.
The dinosaur on the roadside, the Mystery Hill sign passing
too fast to interpret behind the closed eyes, just before the turn to our destination. Port Clinton, Sandusky, Put in Bay, Marblehead, and Cedar Point: rivaled only by fishing on Grandpa’s boat and staying at the magical cottage where fairies and fireflies lived in harmony.
Sugar sand in the shoes, in the car, and in the hair.

SBasic A Victories Day, MMMMii
Forever Joy Lake Life
Electra and trekmom like this.
    • trekmom
      this is magical, I haven't a clue how you put that reflection in the eye that way.
      the larger photo and the way you put the words to go with the sandbar, it's truly gorgeous. your blended photo in the corner, sweet perfection!
      AJK likes this.
    • Electra
      Beautiful! Just beautiful!!
      AJK likes this.
    • AJK
      @trekmom Thank you. The lake photo is simply blended over the iris of the eye. You can do it!
    • ArmyGrl
      I selfishly wish I could read the journaling, so I would know what this creation means to you. The eye has tears, which alludes to sadness, and overall, I would say there is a bit of melancholy in the sugar sand - like - remembering such magical moments but knowing they will not be relived...happy memories, yet sad for times gone by.
      AJK likes this.
    • AJK
      @ArmyGrl Thank you! Very perceptive. I spent magical days as a little girl with my family at Lake Erie, Marblehead, Put in Bay, and Sandusky Ohio. My grandparents had a beautiful cottage on the lake’s edge there and also Cedar Point was close by. We spent our Honeymoon in it. (G.P.’s had passed) The cottage is now gone, but husband and I are planning a trip up there this year just to walk down memory lane. I will post the journaling this evening.
    • Smwhite
      Wow.... this is really stunning! Wonderful to re-live/remember these places! So beautifully done! Such beautiful blending of words and emotion! Best wishes for your planned trip to revisit the lake!
      AJK likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    AJK
    Date:
    May 14, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    509.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).