rchansen

K-Tel Music Express 1977

K-Tel Music Express 1977
rchansen, Jun 24, 2016
Description:
I got my first record for Easter 1977. K-Tel's Music Express. I LOVED IT!! I had a white plastic record player in my bedroom that I got for Christmas and I played this record over and over again until it skipped and wouldn't play anymore. My favorite songs were Mandy, Rocky, Chevy Van and Run Joey Run. My friends, Mary and Greg, and I would act out the song Run Joey Run.

"Suddenly a shot rang out and I saw Julie falling. I ran to her. I held her close. When I looked down my hands were red. And here's the last words Julie said. "Daddy please don't. It wasn't his fault. He means so much to me. Daddy please don't. We're gonna get married..." (and then my record skipped!!)

Years later I still have many of these songs on my Spotify account. I pulled up the video for Run Joey Run on YouTube. So corny!! But I remembered every word of it and still love it. One of those songs that just takes you back.

NOTE: As I was working on this page I found the playlist on YouTube and listened to it. Great songs!! Ahhhh, my childhood...

Credits: Positive Spin by One Little Bird
JenEm likes this.
    • jenn mccabe
      perfect kit for this memory. i love that you have this photo and scrapped this while listening to your fave songs too. that photo is priceless. (love the jammies too!) :D
      rchansen likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    rchansen
    Date:
    Jun 24, 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    225 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).