jaharvey

Just Chillin' at the Park

Just Chillin' at the Park
jaharvey, Dec 15, 2018
Description:
This is for the Dec 2018 scraplift challenge. The photos are ancient (from 30 years ago), so please excuse my hideous perm. Let's just say that it will never happen again. Enough said.

My LO is a scraplift of one by @SuCali, which I loved because she did such an awesome job of shadowing the folded-over paper so it looked realistic, but also because it's just a fun page! I didn't intentionally choose a similar colour scheme; it's just that these photos were the next in line to rescue from old photo albums. :)

[​IMG]

Here's what I used:
Template: Fun Folds Template (SwL)
Kit: Storyteller July 2018 (Just Jaimee)
Fonts: Amanda’s Hand, CK Ali’s Hand
Bagheertje likes this.
    • cfile
      I love that you are scrapping old photos. I do that all the time and that is a great thing and terrific to reminise and scrap the photos all at the same time. what a terrific lift. I love the paper triangle to make it look like a turned up paper to show underneath. great shadowing and I love all the elements you used too.. beautiful!
      jaharvey likes this.
    • jaharvey
      @cfile My husband has been scanning in the photos from the negatives. It's taking a while, since I don't think we had a digital camera until the late 90's, so we have a lot to do. There are a lot of photos that didn't make it into the photo albums, but ironically, some are getting scrapbooked now that I can crop things out, etc. It's a good thing we have the negatives, since some photos refuse to unstick from the old albums and I am truly rescuing them! It really is a wonderful journey down memory lane.
      cfile likes this.
    • cfile
      @jaharvey yay.. what a great family project. I / We (DH & I) did that re scanning slides and a few negatives and transferring over 8mm home movies.. he used premier Movie from adobe and made me and my brother a movie based on the decades.. I cry watching it. Enjoy the journey :)
      jaharvey likes this.
    • jaharvey
      @cfile The movie of the decades sounds so wonderful! Some day we will get ambitious and do the little bit of video we have, too. We didn't have our own camcorder, so we have different formats (VHS, mini-VHS) from the friends' cameras we borrowed when our kids were little. It might be a bit of a challenge, but I think we're up for it! :)
      cfile likes this.
    • cfile
      @jaharvey My suggestion is to have them transferred sooner than later. The VHS and Camcorder Movies, the magnetic stuff in the tapes wears down over time. The Quality will diminish so please transfer to DVD asap to save those precious memories.. epecially while there are still VHS players out there.. we went through 3 old VHS players and they died while transferring, and we were lucky 6 years ago, that Walmart still had VHS players so we bought another to finish transferring. Crazy .. I still have everything of the originals which DH wants to toss since we have most on DVD and the raw footage on my EHD but it is a me thing and the original 8mm and VHS tapes I won't part with! Hugs!!
      jaharvey likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Scraplift Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    jaharvey
    Date:
    Dec 15, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    193.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).