tinkerbell1112

June Journaling

June Journaling
tinkerbell1112, Jun 16, 2020
Description:
Mixed Media Monthly: We're All in This Together
by Little Butterfly Wings & Lynn Grieveson & Paula Kesselring & Rachel Jefferies
Winds of Change Kit
by M3-Addons & Lynn Grieveson

journaling is hard to read, so if interested:
To try to outline the things our family has missed out on because of this Covid-19 Pandemic takes a lot of outlining! Truly in the beginning, when I was in the denial phase, I kept thinking things wouldn’t be cancelled. I don’t believe it was hope, because while I didn’t think things were going to be cancelled, in the back of my mind, I wasn’t even sure I wanted to go anymore to any of the events we had scheduled! What began as an incredible spring & summer full of great opportunities for our family to travel and serve, ended up becoming a long boring spring and summer where all we heard over the course of about 5 weeks were the words “cancelled”, “closed”, “delayed”, “postponed”, “unfortunately”. These are just the major events and experiences that we had cancelled in our lives. They need to be documented for future recollections. So we don’t forget:

April 18-21, 2020. I was supposed to fly to Kansas City to meet Teri & Michelle for an annual scrapbooking weekend. Within about a week after everything started to shut down we decided to cancel and try again later in the fall. At this point (June) I’m not so sure fall will be happening either! Though the one thing with this is we do just hole ourselves up in a hotel and do nothing but scrap and watch tv so if we all just drove instead of flying, it might not be so bad.

April 29-May 3. I was supposed to fly to Orlando for my very first agent training (at Universal!). I was so excited to get to see Universal from an agent’s eye and to meet some of my new “co-workers” for the first time. This was finally cancelled in the beginning of April. Universal closed mid-March and everyone kept hoping they would open in time and Coronavirus would be “a thing of the past” by then. It wasn’t.

May 24 – May 30. Disneyland. This was cancelled at the end of March when they announced that there was a recovery offer to modify or cancel reservations through the end of May. We assumed they weren’t opening until June 1st at the earliest. We moved our dates to July 2-9 on April 1 hoping that by July we’d be “good to go”.

May 31-June 4 – Vacation Bible School at church. Was moved to a virtual VBS, but not a lot my kids can do to volunteer when it’s virtual.

June 7-June 14 – Asher and I were supposed to travel with church to Costa Rica for a missions trip. This was cancelled on April 21

July 2-July 2 – our moved Disneyland trip. We finally learned officially on June 11 that the parks would not be opening until probably around July 17 and received notification on June 12 that we needed to cancel our reservation. But we had given up earlier than that because even if they were open July 2 we didn’t want to wear a mask for 5 days straight at the parks. Not that we’re opposed to mask wearing, that’s just not how we wanted to spend our vacation! We had scheduled a trip to a cabin in the mountains instead on May 31 for these dates. Secretly I’m waiting for something to happen to cause THAT to be cancelled!

July 11-17 – Asher & Ada were supposed to go to Tennessee for a missions trip with the junior high youth with church. Cancelled April 27

July 21-27 – Ada and I were supposed to travel to Ohio for an American Heritage Girls 25th anniversary convention and afterwards drive to Michigan to spend a couple days with Aunt Holly. Cancelled April 30.

July 25-31 – Asher was supposed to travel to Colorado for a mission strip with the senior high youth at church. Cancelled April 27

When the missions trips were cancelled, Asher asked if he could attend Boy Scout camp which was supposed to overlap with Costa Rica. We never even signed him up because I assumed it was going to be cancelled. I was right.

This is all the major things. Not to mention the minor things – Ada’s select basketball team pushing back their start date each month and finally just cancelling mid June and refunding us our money. Confirmation for 8th graders at church being moved to fall, which meant our hosting the dessert was also pushed back from Mothers Day weekend to fall. Asher getting his drivers license on his birthday didn’t happen – he had to wait until June when everything started to open up again. And all the other regularly scheduled meetings and appointments….We got so used to hearing the word cancelled that when everything started to open back up again the first week we had appointments I was kind of a mess trying to juggle it all!

I know that missing out on all of these things are minor compared to the reality and seriousness of this virus and the possibility of what it could do to people. Trying to manage the emotions and the boredom has been difficult. We now look to the future and wait to hear about the things on the horizon…golf, school, homecoming, school sports, other events that we take for granted normally. I will never take for granted the ability to fill my calendar with appointments and busy-ness again.
KarenB likes this.
    • tinkerbell1112
      of course now I find a few typos. LOL and probably a few things to re-word and re-write. But that's ok. I haven't printed the book yet for our Family 2020 :)
    • bcnatty
      Holy....so many little things that definitely add up!! I love this photoless page...love the months on the side of the layout!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Journaling Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    tinkerbell1112
    Date:
    Jun 16, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    215.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).