RJMJ

June-Inspiration Challenge-The Masters-Lest We Forget

June-Inspiration Challenge-The Masters-Lest We Forget
RJMJ, Nov 3, 2017
Description:
Thank You For This Very Interesting Challenge...I Found An Artwork That Caught My Attention Right Away & It Struck Me Right Away...When I Was A Little Girl In School We Had To Recite "In Flanders Fields" In Front Of Our Classmates...I Hoped My Name Never Got Called But It Did & I Stood Up Proudly & Recited That Poem...I Did Not Understand The Importance Of The Poem At The Time But As I Grew Older I Grew To Love This Beautiful Poem & Coincidentally Or Not The Poppy Is My Favorite Flower...I Always Loved Poppies For Their Red Color(My Fav Color) & Their Strength To Persevere In Harsh Conditions...I Feel I Have Persevered Through So Many Pitfalls In My Life & Have Survived Seemingly Insurmountable Situations...The Work Of Art I Picked Is Called "The Corn Poppy" By Kees Van Dongen...I Don't Know If It Was Her Bright Red Hat & Those Piercing Eyes Or The Title But Immediately I Thought Of This Moment When I Was A Little Girl & My Love Of This Poem & My Love Of The Poppy In General...We Are Gonna Celebrate Canada's 150th Birthday On July 1st & This So Relates To That As Well...I'm Grateful For All The Soldiers & Their Families Who Fought & Continue To Fight To Keep Out Country Free & This Layout Is A Tribute To John McCrae,The Poppy & All The Soldiers Who Have Come & Gone & Those Who Continue To Serve & Sacrifice...

For My Lest We Forget:Layout:I Used:

:Messy Marvin Paper:Vol 2:Amy Wolff
:Brand New Day-Lynn Grieveson
:All The Feels-The Lilypad-Collab

The Artwork That Inspired Me:Is Linked Below:

https://www.wikiart.org/en/kees-van-dongen/the-corn-poppy-1919
KarenB, orkan and Tree City like this.
  • There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Inspiration Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    RJMJ
    Date:
    Nov 3, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    406.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    740px
    Height:
    740px
    Date / Time:
    2017:06:26 12:26:12

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).