bjthomas

JulyJournalingChallenge_Goody

JulyJournalingChallenge_Goody
bjthomas, Jul 20, 2021
Description:
My layout for the July Journaling Challenge.

Journaling:
As a high school counselor at a small international school, I quickly discovered that I had more roles than just “counselor”. A couple of those extra roles were teaching an 11th grade college prep class and being a class sponsor, working alongside a specific class during the end of their sophomore year and all the way through their junior and senior years until graduation. One day, during class, a few of the guys started addressing me as “Goody”. When I asked where they came up with that title, they explained that they had been reading ‘The Crucible’ in English class and learned that it was a term used for a married woman. I laughed and tried to dissuade them from continuing to use it but apparently my discomfort amused them, and the name stuck. By the beginning of their senior year, I was known throughout that class as “Goody Thomas”. A name that I once tried to shrug off but learned to embrace as an honor. I miss those kids so much and even all the roles I seemed to juggle during my time at that school. Even to this day, ten years later, a few of those guys still call me “Goody” when they see me or connect with me through social media.

Credits:
Little Butterfly Wings - The Morning Rush (school elements, cork elements, leaves, flowers, label, paper); All the Feels (flowers); Life is an Adventure (flower); Maybe (flower); Storyteller (button); Rituals (flower); Today (flower); Fresh Start (flower)
Alpha: Create by Sara Gleason
Template: All About You by Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs
    • IntenseMagic
      What great photos and such a beautiful page!! I really love your journaling and the story behind "Goody"! Beautifully done!!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lilypad Challenges & Scraps
    Uploaded By:
    bjthomas
    Date:
    Jul 20, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    583 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).