KAPOH

Joe's-Easter-Egg-Hunt-Riddle-#7

Joe's-Easter-Egg-Hunt-Riddle-#7
KAPOH, Jul 3, 2020
Description:
JOURNALING:
Since 2006, our local newspaper has conducted a digital Easter egg hunt. Columnist Joe Blundo creates 10 riddles describing locations in and around Franklin Co. OH where eggs have been digitally "hidden." Participants figure out the clues and send their answers to the newspaper. The winner receives a small prize. While not competing in the contest, my sister and I have had a lot of fun figuring out the clues and taking pictures at each site. We've learned so much about the amazing city in which we grew up. I do layouts after each of the hunts. This is riddle #7 from 2017. "Winnie Waymarker," my "travel troll" enjoys appearing, either in a photo or digitally added, on all of these layouts. (Here she’s with the Unicorn.)

The sculptures illustrating the "mythical story of Pickaweekee, an Indian child who meets an assortment of creatures when he visits a pond to go spearfishing," were created by British sculpture Jack Greaves and are valued at over $280,000. The birds mentioned in the riddle are an owl and an eagle. Completed in 1992 and installed near Gay Street in a stand of trees with a fountain and a waterfall to celebrate the 500 anniversary of Columbus' discovery of the Americas, the collection was moved to its current location along the banks of the Scioto River in 2015. [Hope THEY won't be destroyed because of their association with Chris!] To read the entire story of Pickaweekee (by S. J. Seaburn), go to:
https://www.columbus.gov/uploadedFi...nts/Recreation_and_Parks/Park/Pickaweekee.pdf

RIDDLE #7
The egg is where a boy is led
To do what two wise birdies said:
Fool a big cat; grab a horn
To drain power from a unicorn,
Then once again the dog will bark;
(They’re all assembled in a park.)
ANSWER: James W. Barney Pickaweekee Story Grove at Battelle Riverfront Park

CREDITS: PHOTOS: by me; "Magazine Page Template" - Elizabeth's Market Cross; "Sunshine and Daffodils" - Sahlin Studio; "Nordland" and "Botanical Mix No. 2" - Lynn Grieveson; FONT: OldNewspaperType
LynnG and katell like this.
    • jenn mccabe
      love the clean look of this with the tiny nod to the artsy with the paints! fabulous!
    • Pups_r_Paps
      I love the format you chose for these riddle/answer pages. It's has a clean, magazine-like look.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Random Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    KAPOH
    Date:
    Jul 3, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    131.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    495px
    Height:
    640px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).