Mama Shades

January 5: People-less Page (Photography Challenge)

January 5: People-less Page (Photography Challenge)
Mama Shades, Jan 5, 2018
Description:
Made with Plant Your Story template by Sara Gleason, papers from December 2017 Storyteller Kit by Just Jaimee and Writing in the Snow elements by Sahlin Studio

Journaling reads: When out searching for a Christmas tree, we spotted the perfect tree from across a field. When we got closer, we noticed this bird’s nest in the tree and immediately knew this was definitely the one! This nest has now become one of my favorite ornaments on the tree!
esahin, sahlink, Mylinn and 1 other person like this.
    • ForeverJoy
      This is beautiful!! :beat
    • Angela Toucan
      gorgeous page. Like the use of the carol to reference the nest in the tree - clever.
    • keepscrappin
      There's so much to love about this page. First that nest photo and then the blended tree... simply stunning layout!
    • garrynkim
      Great photos, great story, great layout! I love it!
    • zinzilah
      that is very nice, a lovely picture of a nest. Nice soft look
    • jenn mccabe
      this is just beautiful and so creative. love!!!
    • Mylinn
      Simply beautiful. I felt like I was standing in nature while enjoying it.
    • cfile
      oh how beautiful! I love how you blended the tree into the background and there is an old swedish legend :

"Bird nests are symbols of home; they represent the love, commitment, and effort it takes to build a happy home. Bird nests are also good-luck symbols. Legend has it that prosperity will come to any home that finds a bird's nest nestled among the branches of the family Christmas tree."

I have an bird/nest ornament hanging on my tree from my Mom's friend with the legend noted.. I have had it in my tree for over 30 years... Your page is gorgeous and I am so glad you have that beautiful real nest in your tree.. here is wishing you Health Weath and happiness especially in the year ahead!

Beautifully scrapped, beautiful photo and wonderful moment you captured here! I love the wonderful papers and elements you used here and the perfect word art chosen! TFS!
      Mama Shades likes this.
    • Mama Shades
      @cfile OH my goodness! I am in love with that swedish legend - just might have to change my journaling!!!! Thank you so much for sharing it with me!
      cfile likes this.
    • cfile
      @Mama Shades you are so very welcome... I just put my ornament away but it basically had a smaller version of the quote attached to a bird in a nest attached to a clothespin :) I am trying to find a picture but I don't think I ever took one. So sorry, but glad you are thrilled with the quote and legend :) I found it..I will PM you with the photo :)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    Mama Shades
    Date:
    Jan 5, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    305.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).