Mama Shades

January 4: Change Your View {Photography Challenge}

January 4: Change Your View {Photography Challenge}
Mama Shades, Jan 4, 2018
Description:
Made using the Broken Wings Kit by Little Butterfly Wings

"Be the Subject" photograph: This one is special to me because it was the one-year anniversary of my father-in-law's death and we toasted his life with his favorite drink: scotch on the rocks.
lorieh and KarenB like this.
    • KarenB
      This is so beautiful, and moving. Love what you did with the masking :)
      Mama Shades likes this.
    • Mama Shades
      KarenB likes this.
    • Nemla
      Perfect masking , and the subject itself is beautifully rendered .
      Mama Shades likes this.
    • carrie1977
      Beautiful...the layout and the memory behind it. I love the addition of the wings...perfect touch.
      cfile and Mama Shades like this.
    • Mama Shades
      @Nemla Thank you! The thing I liked best about the scotch was the beautiful golden color - not so much the drink itself! lol!
      cfile likes this.
    • Mama Shades
      @carrie1977 I took those wings off and put them back on so many times. Thank you for validating that keeping them on was the right choice!
      cfile and carrie1977 like this.
    • flowersgal
      Emotional and moving layout. I love the way you masked the photo and the title. Thanks for sharing the story that helps us understand the whole.
      Mama Shades likes this.
    • AJK
      LOVE that photo effect!
      Mama Shades likes this.
    • cfile
      aw.. what a great photo effect and great masking. So sorry about your father in law. I understand the toasting all too well. We do that re my Dad too. We wanted to bury dad with one of those airline scotch size bottles! We didn't as he was cremated but every year I toast my dad. I love the broken heart element, the stitching and the quote. great photo and perspective for the challenge. Hugs.
      Mama Shades likes this.
    • bcnatty
      Your LO brought a tear to my eye...what a beautiful, beautiful page!! I love the photo, but even more so, love the story behind it! Thank you for sharing!!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    Mama Shades
    Date:
    Jan 4, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    557.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).