KAPOH

January-31-Traveler's-Notebook-+-Connections-Drug-Dealing

January-31-Traveler's-Notebook-+-Connections-Drug-Dealing
KAPOH, Jan 31, 2019
Description:
JOURNALING:
When I worked for the newspaper, their first aid cabinet had a pain pill that was the ONLY thing I'd found that worked on my headaches. This pill was not available in local stores. I discovered the one ingredient that was the "key" to its efficacy for me. I checked every OTC pain remedy and found that ingredient in only one product, a "headache powder." When I changed jobs, I relied on the OTC powder. Then, in 2009, the powder was reformulated, removing my "special" ingredient! HORRORS. One day, I was eating lunch at a restaurant and saw a pharmaceutical van pull into the parking lot. Oh, my gosh! That's the company that made those pills from the newspaper! I'm usually very shy, but I WANTED MY DRUGS!!! I asked the driver where/how I could buy the pills. He sold me a box from his truck ("drug dealing" right out in public at high noon!) and told me the website where I could buy them on line. I took one after reading this MOC challenge!
CREDITS: KITS: "Steampunk Laboratory"-Rebecca McMeen; "A to Z" and "Wonderlanders"-Kate Hadfield; "From Where I Stand"-Paislee Press; FONT: Of Wildflowers and Wings
    • mcurtt
      LOL! I have to admit that your page title drew me in to read your page. Interesting story, and I am glad that you were able to find your miracle pill once again. It must have been kismit.
      trekmom likes this.
    • Pups_r_Paps
      What you didn’t write in your travelers notebook is the job you had after leaving the newspaper - probation officer, dealing with ACTUAL drug dealers! I agree with the comment above about your title - it made me want to read your story.
      trekmom likes this.
    • DenetteS
      Loved the story, especially the end!
      trekmom likes this.
    • lmccandless
      Very clever! A good story of connectedness and I had a laugh at your last sentence. Thanks for playing along with the challenge.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 7
    Uploaded By:
    KAPOH
    Date:
    Jan 31, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    132.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    495px
    Height:
    640px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).